Powered by Outside

Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)

PB Forum :: USA - West
Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
would it be a good idea to race singlespeed in the DH course on a FR hardtail? cuz its all i really got.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
would it be a good idea to race singlespeed in the DH course on a FR hardtail? cuz its all i really got.

oooo...thats a tough one...it would be good for the flow, but not the log drop and
the bumppy section after that, not to mention the uphill...but ya, i think you should , i know kids who do it with ss.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
ns-bitch wrote:

oooo...thats a tough one...it would be good for the flow, but not the log drop and
the bumppy section after that, not to mention the uphill...but ya, i think you should , i know kids who do it with ss.

how big is the log drop, and how long is the uphill section.
btw, i only have a rear brake, would it be a good idea to put a front one too, or should i be fine?

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
ns-bitch wrote:

btw, i only have a rear brake, would it be a good idea to put a front one too, or should i be fine?
it's like a log step down, gap thing....but a front brake on for dh.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
ns-bitch wrote:

definatly put a front brake on...the log drop isn't too big, but its a rough landing..the up hill is like 100ft.

heres a random pic i found of the drop..

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
ns-bitch wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:

definatly put a front brake on...the log drop isn't too big, but its a rough landing..the up hill is like 100ft.

heres a random pic i found of the drop..

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
thats not very big

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
thats not very big
no its not, its just a little scary because you come flying
relly fast out of a burm, and then bam! its right there and you dont have very much time to prepare for it...its pretty cool lol.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
I'm racing sport this year to avoid all the sand-baggers. I got 39 of 75 last year in beginner and would have gotten 15th out of like 30 in sport, and I'm a lot faster now.

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 5:36 Quote
xtremefreerida wrote:
bitterfish26 wrote:
if all goes well ill be racing my new racelink at the sea otter

what bike is that?

edit: a Brooklyn Machine Works?

yup the infamous Brooklyn Race Link.... i have one ordered right now

FL
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
i wonder if the djs this year are going to be bigger and have different lines cause last year was sick but they need some more lines than 3 doubles.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
taylorironhorse wrote:
i wonder if the djs this year are going to be bigger and have different lines cause last year was sick but they need some more lines than 3 doubles.

ya i agree too..the step down was sick though..still wish they
had some smaller djs for like a jr comp or something..

FL
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
they should have different lines with all sorts of hips rollers, and other sick stuff so that BMX'ers can ride some djs as well!

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
taylorironhorse wrote:
they should have different lines with all sorts of hips rollers, and other sick stuff so that BMX'ers can ride some djs as well!
they need a slopestyle course! there is some slopes at lauguna saca to do it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.913767
Mobile Version of Website