Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's

PB Forum :: USA - West
Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:30 Quote
Thats kinda what I was getting at..."Founded" and "Found" are completely different.
I think a double whipping is in order for that! Whip Whip

Anyhoo, so off topic.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:32 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
jallan wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:

true, it was discovered first by asian people, then by eric the red.

they guy who says the uk has no good riding is a fool. the best dirt in the world is in the uk, not so much dh or events though

The best dirt, yes in specific places where it usually unbelievabley windy or too wet most of the time of the year, Also the fact that UK's land mass is significantly less than the other 3 nations then it shows that its almost definitely going to have less riding spots.

you obviously dont ride trails. the uk has the best private trails in the world. and there ARE lots of them, especially in the south east where i'm from, within an hour of me there are hundreds of sets of trails including some really good ones. and here in the uk the winters are warm ans the summers arnt too hot so the trails stay rideable actually for quite a while. larger land mass and sparcer population means more traveling to different dirt jumps

South East is your reason, The further north you go the windier and wetter it gets and the harder it is to go out on a weekend ride, Course i like winter riding but the effort you have to go to to clean your bike afterwards and if you're working or you have college then it makes it even harder to find time. However to do with the trails the closest i have which is really worth going to is wales and delamere and delamere is barely worth driving to for half a day of riding. It's hard to find a good trail. I have a nice natural rocky common literally under 1km away from me however it gets boring after 2 years of riding it. Some places in the UK are close for some and others are miles away.

What makes the UK even WORSE is the forestry comission who destroy any sense of biking they find.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:39 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
well ummm seee heres the thing.

the UK actually invented everything you have ever used.

Your bike, TV, laws of physics and gravity, the light bulb, electricity, Iron and most metals - all invented in the UK!

so ha!

WAAAAAY before the british empire existed, there were many a bicycle around and it has evolved since then, no one country can claim the bicycle as an invention. Electricity was not invented, it has existed since the world began, and the brits werent the first to harness electricity either, they were only the first to discover and understand it.

However, we did invent disc brakes, penicilin, the internal combustion engine, the first waterproof fabric, and the corkscrew. All things us riders couldn't live without!

But anyway, rider wise i do think its a mostly level mix but N America is seriously lacking some decent WC downhillers, and the brits aren't really park orientated...

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
jallan wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
jallan wrote:

The best dirt, yes in specific places where it usually unbelievabley windy or too wet most of the time of the year, Also the fact that UK's land mass is significantly less than the other 3 nations then it shows that its almost definitely going to have less riding spots.

you obviously dont ride trails. the uk has the best private trails in the world. and there ARE lots of them, especially in the south east where i'm from, within an hour of me there are hundreds of sets of trails including some really good ones. and here in the uk the winters are warm ans the summers arnt too hot so the trails stay rideable actually for quite a while. larger land mass and sparcer population means more traveling to different dirt jumps

South East is your reason, The further north you go the windier and wetter it gets and the harder it is to go out on a weekend ride, Course i like winter riding but the effort you have to go to to clean your bike afterwards and if you're working or you have college then it makes it even harder to find time. However to do with the trails the closest i have which is really worth going to is wales and delamere and delamere is barely worth driving to for half a day of riding. It's hard to find a good trail. I have a nice natural rocky common literally under 1km away from me however it gets boring after 2 years of riding it. Some places in the UK are close for some and others are miles away.

What makes the UK even WORSE is the forestry comission who destroy any sense of biking they find.

yeah mate i know exactly what you mean. for fr sort of bike riding you have to go to whales or scotland or wherever. and the forestry commision are twats. they make 'skills zones' for mtbers, almost as bad as some of the council skateparks

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
well ummm seee heres the thing.

the UK actually invented everything you have ever used.

Your bike, TV, laws of physics and gravity, the light bulb, electricity, Iron and most metals - all invented in the UK!

so ha!

WAAAAAY before the british empire existed, there were many a bicycle around and it has evolved since then, no one country can claim the bicycle as an invention. Electricity was not invented, it has existed since the world began, and the brits werent the first to harness electricity either, they were only the first to discover and understand it.

However, we did invent disc brakes, penicilin, the internal combustion engine, the first waterproof fabric, and the corkscrew. All things us riders couldn't live without!

But anyway, rider wise i do think its a mostly level mix but N America is seriously lacking some decent WC downhillers, and the brits aren't really park orientated...

Germany invented internal combusion. And actually we did invent the bicycle - the penny farthing - was a british invention in 1870

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:47 Quote
that wasn't the first bicycle! and germany were the first to put it in a car, not invent it - Samuel Brown's your man...

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:54 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
that wasn't the first bicycle! and germany were the first to put it in a car, not invent it - Samuel Brown's your man...

what! c'mon the penny farthing was the first bike!!!! everyone knows that!

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:56 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Good old google... Plus there is evidence of bicycles in africa and south america hundreds of years prior to the first recognised bicycle

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:59 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Good old google... Plus there is evidence of bicycles in africa and south america hundreds of years prior to the first recognised bicycle

haha! the first one looks like a yacht for gods sake!

but i agree, bikes that were lame and had no bristishness to them were made before the penny farthing.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 11:01 Quote
OK you can argue that the Brits gave bicycles 'soul' then!

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
AustinP wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
yeah, we used to own a whole bunch of places!
and we never got invaded either

Ya, America, Brits, and Canadian were a good team in WWII and WWI. We are still kickin but today.
haha, my firend is canadian and hes like "well canada didnt rly do anything in WWII (eventhough they did), and they still dont do anyhting" hahaha it was funny

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:33 Quote
He think's Canadians did nothing in WW2?!? My gaaaaawd.....I've never heard that before, ESPECIALLY from a Canadian! Wow..... Really Mad

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:41 Quote
SCOTTISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont group us with "euros" or "britains" we are scottish and nothing else!!!!

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:45 Quote
allenrotstein wrote:
reebs wrote:
Well, my vote is for Europe:

Peat
Fairclough
Athertons
Nico Vouliouz (no idea how to spell!)
Beaumont
Bryceland (jnr world cup champ 2007)
Cunningham (jnr world champ 2007)
Mosley
Barel
Gracia
Leikohienen
The lacondeguy brothers
Prokop

and probably many more!

Theres also some kick ass riding in europe such as the alps, fort william, spanish mountains etc.. you cant really beat it

sure the Euro's are FAST on races...
but i'm sure the Canadians are the craziest...
You don't get much crazier than the Lacondeguys....

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
imac-93 wrote:
SCOTTISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont group us with "euros" or "britains" we are scottish and nothing else!!!!

Mr.Wallace?? tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019942
Mobile Version of Website