Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 at 10:43 Quote
just done it to my 08 dj1 and now it works wicked

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 8:17 Quote
great glad to hear it

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 10:10 Quote
Swweeet, gunna get them sericed anyway cuz there is quite a bad rattle, and a clang when you pull up hard

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 14:12 Quote
ye i had that but i fixed it by simply placing a heat shrink aroud the center of the coil spring in the fork an now there is no noise (the noise is the spring/coil tapping the inside of the fork) i also topped the fork up with oil that is 7.5 wt to make the mod more smooth cheers

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 14:16 Quote
Oky dude thanks for that! Will try it

Posted: Sep 3, 2010 at 0:49 Quote
is it safe to do the mod with a hand drill? what should i expect when drilling and does the oil spout happen to everyone?

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 7:22 Quote
no any drill is fine i have now drilled a 2.5 mm hole for better oil flow and no you will hear loss of compression

Posted: Sep 30, 2010 at 18:58 Quote
just take em in i got it fixed for only 30 bucks

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 16:58 Quote
hi i have problems with rebound cartridge is lockout, have you photos for make hole in the bottle thanks

Posted: Apr 5, 2011 at 14:46 Quote
soulzion wrote:
hi i have problems with rebound cartridge is lockout, have you photos for make hole in the bottle thanks
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=103947&pagenum=1

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 9:52 Quote
Hi there. I did the mod, and all was working fine, but following a skatepark session the forks became very sluggish on the rebound, a lot slower than they had been. I expanded the two holes in the cartridge and it is now a little faster, would a change to a lighter oil, eg 7.5wt (I currently run 15wt) solve the problem?

regards,

Andy

Posted: Apr 14, 2011 at 17:19 Quote
c2crider wrote:
Hi there. I did the mod, and all was working fine, but following a skatepark session the forks became very sluggish on the rebound, a lot slower than they had been. I expanded the two holes in the cartridge and it is now a little faster, would a change to a lighter oil, eg 7.5wt (I currently run 15wt) solve the problem?

regards,

Andy

probebly.

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 14:55 Quote
c2crider wrote:

regards,

Andy
sorry, but obviously a lighter weight oil would allow faster rebound as lighter oil flows quicker then thicker oil.

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 16:02 Quote
keith24mtb wrote:
c2crider wrote:

regards,

Andy
sorry, but obviously a lighter weight oil would allow faster rebound as lighter oil flows quicker then thicker oil.

Thats what he wants...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036342
Mobile Version of Website