Powered by Outside

Official Fredericton thread

PB Forum :: Canada - Atlantic
Official Fredericton thread
FL
Posted: May 10, 2016 at 13:12 Quote
nward2 wrote:
Id love to see someone build something with some proper jumps around fredy
itll happen. Motivated trail builders there. They're getting to that point. Build more trails on hills instead of flats and jumps happen. Good dirt below mvp trails between road and the nashwaak river. There were some there just need a little shape and more berms/jumps added. Good luck

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 3:39 Quote
won-sean-animal-chin wrote:
nward2 wrote:
itll happen. Motivated trail builders there. They're getting to that point. Build more trails on hills instead of flats and jumps happen. Good dirt below mvp trails between road and the nashwaak river. There were some there just need a little shape and more berms/jumps added. Good luck

They are indeed motivated but most are of older generations and they always seem to be annoyed seeing younger riders around, especially when they hear me saying I build my bike from parts online and didnt get the local bike shops to do it for me. I suppose PEI is alot worst for it but it is annoying.

FL
Posted: May 12, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
nward2 wrote:
nward2 wrote:

They are indeed motivated but most are of older generations and they always seem to be annoyed seeing younger riders around, especially when they hear me saying I build my bike from parts online and didnt get the local bike shops to do it for me. I suppose PEI is alot worst for it but it is annoying.
That happens to a degree everywhere. I guess it's age or more in particular , people that Dh or jump as opposed to those that xc don't jump. Out west is more just my biking. I'd suggest start with trails you can paediatric that have smaller jumps/drops. Sooner or later they evolve to bigger or different obstacles. The best trails have everything(fsteeps, jumps, berms, tech and always flow thru all that). Building on some vertical will help. On a hill or the side of an incline. Not on the flat. It'll happen . Good ideas st other areas or bike parks.

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 5:32 Quote
Update freddy scene is pretty ok with the marysville bypass and all. Still nothing of size has caught my eye, yet. I've taken on the duty of building the oromocto jump park too, as what they had built was nothing short of sadness. Anyone interested in lending some help, sharing some knowledge and wisdom and ride some bikes?

FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
Crabbe looks rad. Build it

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 7:21 Quote

yeah ive been tuned into a facebook group and really stoked on how much is going into everything. Never been to crabbe but i hear theres a race day on the hill sometime im going to have to go for that one!

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 8:24 Quote
pedro4me wrote:

yeah ive been tuned into a facebook group and really stoked on how much is going into everything. Never been to crabbe but i hear theres a race day on the hill sometime im going to have to go for that one!
I think I "follow" that fb group. They are very motivated/organized . Couple of the younger riders put up a couple decent edits. One on crabbe and one was "boneshaker"(I think that's Odell). It gives hope.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 17:13 Quote
Race day is Saturday coming (27th) at Crabbe.

DT

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
Slalom race coming up on the 15th(next sunday) at crabbe

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
Hi Fredericton people!

My GF and me are road-tripping from Montreal to Kingdom Trails and trying to ride as much trails as we can.

I see there's a lot of trails near Fredericton and was wondering which one we could go.

We now are in Carleton-sur-mer heading to Sugarloaf and tomorrow going to Fredericton.

By TrailForks reviews looks like MVP, Woolastook and Claudie Road are the top-rated.

Which one should we go to? I'm riding a Commencal Meta, not afraid of climbing but I want epic descents too Smile

My girlfriend is more cautious than me and like flowy descents

FL
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 19:32 Quote
Some south facing trails would be a nice addition. Quicker to dry out. I wonder whats between the repeater station at the top of pepper creek down into maugerville? Must be 300ish vertical feet. The quest to ride dirt everyday hinges on the southface. 2024 is set to be a big upgrade around here between wooly , minto and mvp flow/jump trails. Really nice to be able to get the wheels rolling in the jank capital. Loves sum good jank but .....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038553
Mobile Version of Website