Powered by Outside

Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
pimpedaline wrote:
Dr-Jackal wrote:
Ok i got like 50PSI in the thing and stock springs. Do you think if i put firm springs and low air that it would fix the problem
That answers the problem right there, you have so much air in it the rebound damper can't make up for it, take it down to 5 psi and work your way up from there in 5 psi steps, bet you wont get to 25 psi before you get what you want.
Ok i am going to try that right now! Thanks!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 10:56 Quote
Ok, i tried the 5 psi thing and it didn't do anything at all. But i found at 20 psi it wont top out but at all. Any problem with 20 psi is it is too easy i could bottom it out really easy.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
shondo wrote:
wanabe wrote:
what did you expect from such a cheap fork

word.
who pays that little for a fork and expects it to be amazing? you get what you pay for! lol. some guy beat it to crap then sold it to you. you made a mistake. life goes on. its not marzocchi's fault! its yours.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
makripper wrote:
shondo wrote:
wanabe wrote:
what did you expect from such a cheap fork

word.
who pays that little for a fork and expects it to be amazing? you get what you pay for! lol. some guy beat it to crap then sold it to you. you made a mistake. life goes on. its not marzocchi's fault! its yours.
Actually you dont know shit. The guy before me had it on a cross country bike and was shit.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
makripper wrote:
shondo wrote:

word.
Actually you dont know shit. The guy before me had it on a cross country bike and was shit.
shit=not good?
not good=no flow
no flow=damaging parts

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
get a pike ,argyle, stiff fork if your looking for very little weight the dobermann tchoker fork is good or x planet velvet

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
Ok, i tried the 5 psi thing and it didn't do anything at all. But i found at 20 psi it wont top out but at all. Any problem with 20 psi is it is too easy i could bottom it out really easy.
Ok then you would need to either heavier oil or stiffer springs, how is the sag with the current springs? if the sag is good then heavier oil, stock is 7.5 but the previous owner could have put lighter oil in it, try 10wt it should ramp up quicker and require less rebound.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
thread title should be changed to "Good forks? I paid good money and all i am is a mook who doesn't know what he's doing. i should have a suntour because that's all i deserve.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
saturnine wrote:
thread title should be changed to "Good forks? I paid good money and all i am is a mook who doesn't know what he's doing. i should have a suntour because that's all i deserve.
+10

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
get an argyle 409 or 318 im planning on gettin a 318

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
based on the suggestions in this thread, the argyle is the greatest fork ever. EVAR.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
well i was gonna get a 4X but ya and i wouldnt reccomend a 4X seeing as he already has one lol

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
saturnine wrote:
based on the suggestions in this thread, the argyle is the greatest fork ever. EVAR.
honsetly dude you dont know shit. I bet i am a WAY better rider then you. Not my fault i dont study forks all day. And actually if you read the forum properly you would see that argyles are not that good

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
pimpedaline wrote:
Dr-Jackal wrote:
Ok then you would need to either heavier oil or stiffer springs, how is the sag with the current springs? if the sag is good then heavier oil, stock is 7.5 but the previous owner could have put lighter oil in it, try 10wt it should ramp up quicker and require less rebound.
I was thinking X firm 85mm springs? That way i can lower it a bit also. As for oil i am not sure that the 4x has any?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
saturnine wrote:
honsetly dude you dont know shit. I bet i am a WAY better rider then you. Not my fault i dont study forks all day. And actually if you read the forum properly you would see that argyles are not that good

firsty, you're right, i don't know shit. i didn't give you any suggestions to help you, i've never taken apart a fork and you are WAY better at everything than i am. especially since you've got 10 fewer years on this planet than i. you're awesomeness knows no bounds.

secondly, my take on argyles was a)based on this thread - just like i stated when i said 'based on this thread' and b) internet sarcasm at its best.

and you're not sure if the 4x has oil. awesome.

thanks for coming out, kid.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014880
Mobile Version of Website