What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
Why single speed is a good thing
why my $800 bike didnt come with a kickstandlol
im sure there are more but nothing comes to mind.

MY PARENTS ARE PISSING ME OFF, ASKING WHY SINGLE SPEED IS A GOOD IDEA....Madder Thumbs Down

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
mum think it is a waste of money and id too expensive (true) and a waste of time

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
why wearing a full face isnt a good idea for XC, even if it does provide more protection
and why things like pedals are so expensive "when im sure you can get a nice pair from halfords for much less then that" me-"but their made from plastic!!!" mum- "arn't they all?"

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:34 Quote
everything. and then they think they're right about everything to do with bikes.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
mc12spyder wrote:
why i have moe than 1 bike, why i do street and dirt, why i get hurt, how i get hurt, why i ride, and why i go out for so long, why i get new parts, why i want a light bile, why i baught a jump bike, why im looking for a light street bmx, why i dont wear a helmet(i want one) why my hub makes loads of noise, why i baught new handle bars the other day, why i baught new pedals, whe i ride with my seat so low and why i LOVE bikes

they should question what you should do in school

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
though thinking about it! girlfriends are even worse!!! when i got some EA70s, she started up at me saying i could have taken her out for a nice meal for that, so from now on i dont tell her the price, just the discount i got and that keeps her happy lol

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
stryke wrote:
mc12spyder wrote:
why i have moe than 1 bike, why i do street and dirt, why i get hurt, how i get hurt, why i ride, and why i go out for so long, why i get new parts, why i want a light bile, why i baught a jump bike, why im looking for a light street bmx, why i dont wear a helmet(i want one) why my hub makes loads of noise, why i baught new handle bars the other day, why i baught new pedals, whe i ride with my seat so low and why i LOVE bikes

they should question what you should do in school

hmmm..they do ...too much actually :S

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
RelentlessRider wrote:
everything. and then they think they're right about everything to do with bikes.

yeeeah...:S

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
My mom doesnt really care what i do with my bike but my dad on the other hand..
I took my front break off and he's like how are you gunna stop??
i told him i was going singlespeed and he keeps thinking im gunna wreck my bike.He hates hepling me with my bike because he says were working on it more than i ride it which is bullshit..i think he has helped me twice...uhh what can you do..

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
when i wanna order a new rim or grips, and they start moaning on about you dont need it, stop wasting your money....
well, says my dad when he bought some £100 thing he doesnt even want, he just saw it in na shop and bought it... GGRRR , i dont care if im wasting my money, its my cash and i wanna spend it on my bike, i love my bike and i wanna spend cash on it!!!

*rant over*

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
my mum moans constantly about how much money i spend on my bike which is aproximatley 50 quid sevicing it and 15 on a new slime inner tube .(i've had the bike for 1 year 3 months)
they are making me leave my granny ring on and shifters saying that i shouldn't have got the bike if i wasn't gonna use them .
and that they won't let me spend ( my mum, my dad is fine with it since he has actually seen me ride) 1200 quid on a new bike ( 900 of it is my money my dad is chipping in with the other 300) , according to her 300 was too much in the first place!!! (i have a gt chucker btw) so before i get i new bike i must do some serious damage to the one i have e.g SNAP IT

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
my parents cant seem to understand why i cant leave my bike the way it came stock and i always have to change parts and customize stuff.

Really Mad +1

they think you need two brakes to be able to stop Facepalm

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
heirs08 wrote:
my mum moans constantly about how much money i spend on my bike which is aproximatley 50 quid sevicing it and 15 on a new slime inner tube .(i've had the bike for 1 year 3 months)
they are making me leave my granny ring on and shifters saying that i shouldn't have got the bike if i wasn't gonna use them .
and that they won't let me spend ( my mum, my dad is fine with it since he has actually seen me ride) 1200 quid on a new bike ( 900 of it is my money my dad is chipping in with the other 300) , according to her 300 was too much in the first place!!! (i have a gt chucker btw) so before i get i new bike i must do some serious damage to the one i have e.g SNAP IT
throw it into a tree or jump on the chain stay or something Whip

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
my mom and dad are actually cool with me upgrading and taking shit off because i work in a bike shop and last week when i bought a $54 chain ring they just like whatever. And my dad actually encourages me to take off weight and upgrade parts to make it better. lol awesome parents right?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
my problem is that i bought a 1.1 grand bike and then upgrade the frame, i then needed a new set of forks and because of that i needed a new hub, my parents say: just ride with is the way it is, when you get more money then you can upgrade, and i say: i cant ride a bike with only one wheel!
SO thEY SAY:use mine.
i say: il brake it.
they say: no u wont, just cycle on the road.
i say: i may aswell not go cycling atall!!!!!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023677
Mobile Version of Website