Powered by Outside

Norco or Kona

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:03 Quote
lol its supposed to be a world cup race bike

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:09 Quote
kpilar wrote:

Yes at an affordable price.

People bitched and whined when the Team Dh was $7250 so Norco made some cuts. The fork saves a huge amount of money and takes little to no performance away from the bike excepet for the minor minor wieght penatly. The bike is still a world cup bike just at an afforable price for most people. Also maybe some people perfer the feel of coil over air. I know I do.

Look at the Stap supreme, sure it has a boxxer world cup but it's also $6700 thats a 1100 dollar differnce. the spec list is also a tiny tiny bit better. The shifter is the biggest difference. But norco has a much better frame design.

Bottom line Norco made a world cup bike at a price people will pay.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
beaterhard wrote:
kpilar wrote:

People bitched and whined when the Team Dh was $7250 so Norco made some cuts. The fork saves a huge amount of money and takes little to no performance away from the bike excepet for the minor minor wieght penatly. The bike is still a world cup bike just at an afforable price for most people. Also maybe some people perfer the feel of coil over air. I know I do.

Look at the Stap supreme, sure it has a boxxer world cup but it's also $6700 thats a 1100 dollar differnce. the spec list is also a tiny tiny bit better. The shifter is the biggest difference. But norco has a much better frame design.

Bottom line Norco made a world cup bike at a price people will pay.
that is exactly why kona makes a bike called the stab deluxe, a downhill bike at an affordable price

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
beaterhard wrote:
kpilar wrote:

ya i agree, they had to make it affordable, besides, often if not allways, the production "team bike" is very different from the ones on the bikes acually doing the WC.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
kpilar wrote:
that is exactly why kona makes a bike called the stab deluxe, a downhill bike at an affordable price
There is also a $3200 price difference.

If you really wanted to put a world cup fork on the norco you could sell the team and buy a world cup and sram X.0 shifter and still be hundreds under the price for the supreme.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
beaterhard wrote:
kpilar wrote:
There is also a $3200 price difference.

If you really wanted to put a world cup fork on the norco you could sell the team and buy a world cup and sram X.0 shifter and still be hundreds under the price for the supreme.
im done arguing homie

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
yeah for the price of a norco DH..U CUD BUY A DEMO!!!!!! NO QUESTOIN IN MY MIND!!!HAHA

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
lol and the demo comes with a world cup doesnt it? haha

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
yeah, and loads of other nice components....and its just a demo. lol

FL
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
Norco hands down.
i have no respect for kona

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 5:46 Quote
Norco ,buy a frame and get better parts .Built up a real good bike

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 2:18 Quote
kona rules.......D.O.P.E system rules

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 2:20 Quote
juzam888 wrote:
kona rules.......D.O.P.E system rules
Konas snap easy ntrust me

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 2:32 Quote
neither rule go ride a vpp or meastro frame then tell me these 2 companies are good.

Ryan

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.382844
Mobile Version of Website