Powered by Outside

2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:07 Quote
Wow, we cant even get hold of BOS forks in the UK, only the shocks. how much is the basic idylle?

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:11 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Wow, we cant even get hold of BOS forks in the UK, only the shocks. how much is the basic idylle?

Dunno how much it is in £ or $ but in Swedish Crowns the Idylle is 14000kr (~1100£?).
And lets not forget that the "basic" BOS is still up to par with the WC forks form the other brands. Big Grin

*EDIT* If you buy a Moorewood frameset you get the Idylle RaRe with the piggyback and the BOS S*Toy shock. I think it covers all of Europe. But in The US they get a CCDB and a Boxxer WC instead.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:13 Quote
yea thats about 1150-1200 pounds, pretty impressive, would be nice if we could get them in the UK!!

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:19 Quote
Muttley wrote:
yea thats about 1150-1200 pounds, pretty impressive, would be nice if we could get them in the UK!!

You could order them from a Swedish site? Sems weird, I thought they had retailers all over Europe.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:24 Quote
http://www.bikesandparts.se/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1609&category_id=111&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=109

At least here in Sweden we can get the Morewood framekit, the fram is 29000 (1500£?) and the frameset(which includes BOS Idylle RaRe with PiggyBack) is 40000 (2500£?).

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:26 Quote
oehlins; yes if they existed would be pricey but if they are anything like motorbike forks and the cc double barrel; they could would be the best of the best

Boss has been considered and they may have a slight advantage over the other offerings but at 1700£ it is not quite good enough

looks and feel were gr8 though, if on a bargain I could not resist but rrp nope

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:30 Quote
Yeah, there have been some rumors about Öhlins making some bicycle specific shocks. As a swede I would most probably buy one. Big Grin

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 3:41 Quote
jinx wrote:
Yeah, there have been some rumors about Öhlins making some bicycle specific shocks. As a swede I would most probably buy one. Big Grin

gr8 company

on my fireblade had the fork and shock internals from the stock showas swapped with oehlins stuff and the bike was.... well a whole new sensation.

even though it was almost the end of me i really miss that thing Frown

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
I think its great that marzocchi are lowering the weight of their forks, they arn't really in the race game as it stands due to heavy weight. They'l be on to a winner if they can keep some durability but lighten it up a little.
And thank jesus that they have ditched the shocking graphics..... bring back the carbon ones from 07, theyr cool Beer

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
Muttley wrote:

the shocks are so incredible, f*ck

i played about on one at the world cup this year and theres seriously no stiction at the start of the travel or anywhere, definitely my next purchase unless i get the RC4 sent to me some time soon. i only live an hour or so from the bos factory so its pretty easy to get work done and cheap too compared to fox

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
Sweet, they are 600 quid over here, though i have heard abut the zerio stiction, something which is quite noticeable in a DHX now.

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 9:20 Quote
so true, in taiwan im pretty sure their not just worring when there lunch brake is, and that they know what their doing.. Also 2010 forks look sick.
Muttley wrote:
Whats with the hideous amount of racism? the taiwanese take massive pride in their work, they care more about how well the fork works than the underpaid US citizen who is disgruntled and just wants to go home.

the reason marzocchis quality went down so much is that when they moved to taiwan, they cut too many costs, even if you move to asia, youve still got to pay a reasonable amount for production, or you will receive a substandard part, theyve learnt this, and the margin they made on their 08 forks probably dropped so hugely due to warranty replacements that they will have learnt.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 1:20 Quote
does any one know when the 2010 website will be up

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 2:45 Quote
My 2009 888 RC3s are absolutely mint.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 2:47 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
My 2009 888 RC3s are absolutely mint.
question is for how long

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022022
Mobile Version of Website