Powered by Outside

Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker
O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:23 Quote
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
hey guys. what bike is better for a line and dirt merchent and gap jumps. shocker or glory?
cove std
std is so heavy. but i have herd the shocker jumps quite well

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:28 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
hey guys. what bike is better for a line and dirt merchent and gap jumps. shocker or glory?
cove std
std and shocker weigh the same, i think theyr basically the same frame

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:31 Quote
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
cove std
no the std is 2 pounds heaver

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:34 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:

how much does the shocker weigh then? i thought they were the same frame only with different geometry, not including the shock it should be the same

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:35 Quote
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
how much does the shocker weigh then? i thought they were the same frame only with different geometry, not including the shock it should be the same
the frames are a bit different. the std is 14 im pretty sure, so i think the shocker is 12. i may be off tho

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:

the frames are a bit different. the std is 14 im pretty sure, so i think the shocker is 12. i may be off tho
oh ok, but is that with shock or without? i read in other places they were both 14

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
oh ok, but is that with shock or without? i read in other places they were both 14
with the shock.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:45 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:

with the shock.
alright, i thought they were both 13 or 14 but i guess not. and the shocker is really only 12 pounds with shock?

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 23:47 Quote
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
with the shock.
alright, i thought they were both 13 or 14 but i guess not. and the shocker is really only 12 pounds with shock?
frmo what i have heard. i may be wrong tho. but built up with a pretty good spec you can easily go sub 40. i think around 40 is good for me Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
cegik wrote:
with the shock.
photo

Shockers really can be built up to a decent weight. This one is 40.15lbs and that's a large with my spare heavier wheels on. With my new wheels it will be closer to 40lbs. I have ridden lighter bikes that do not ride as well or as fast as the Shocker and I was lucky to buy my frame new for £1700 a year ago. Then again you are paying for a hand built and more unique Canadian made frame so guess you choose.

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
go for the 2010 glory

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
duir wrote:
cegik wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:

with the shock.
photo
Shockers really can be built up to a decent weight. This one is 40.15lbs and that's a large with my spare heavier wheels on. With my new wheels it will be closer to 40lbs. I have ridden lighter bikes that do not ride as well or as fast as the Shocker and I was lucky to buy my frame new for £1700 a year ago. Then again you are paying for a hand built and more unique Canadian made frame so guess you choose.
Could be tons lighter too. Wheels, brakes, rotors, stem, pedals, deraileur, tires/ tubes maybe.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
Demo'd a 2010 Shocker today, HOly f'ing S**t that is the sickest bike ever, i felt very on top of it and totally in control, it takes turns so well, and is super smooth the only problem i see is price the frame is about 3000(elka suspension) and w/ a decent build total about 6000-7000, but the performance is worth it if you have the dough.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
dereka15 wrote:
Demo'd a 2010 Shocker today, HOly f'ing S**t that is the sickest bike ever, i felt very on top of it and totally in control, it takes turns so well, and is super smooth the only problem i see is price the frame is about 3000(elka suspension) and w/ a decent build total about 6000-7000, but the performance is worth it if you have the dough.
\
where did you test it? i have been wanthing to for a long time now

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
dereka15 wrote:
\
where did you test it? i have been wanthing to for a long time now
They had a booth at this expo i went to today, for the Socal Fat Tire epic race(Temecula, CA vail-ocity bike park). I cant tell you how amazing it is, i just cant afford one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033861
Mobile Version of Website