Powered by Outside

General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
yeah i just got the rebound dialled in today and its perfect! more plush than any rs fork ive ever used including totems, pikes, argyles etc

i think argyles feel like shit too, but not the pike

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
d-bax wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yeah i just got the rebound dialled in today and its perfect! more plush than any rs fork ive ever used including totems, pikes, argyles etc

Hmm, its true about the argyles, the 409 I think is brilliant, but the 302-318 is just so so. Pike is bril to. But again, i'd take a 07 dj1 over a argyle.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
EdsE wrote:
d-bax wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

Hmm, its true about the argyles, the 409 I think is brilliant, but the 302-318 is just so so. Pike is bril to. But again, i'd take a 07 dj1 over a argyle.

yea. id take a dj 1/2 newer than 07 over any argyle. i just hate how they feel in general. id take a opike over any other DJ fork though

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
Anyone out there who has a roco air? how similar does it feel to the roco coil?

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
for my lyric solo air should how much sag should i have? im 140 lbs

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
Dose anybody want Boxxer Lowers, Stanctions, Springs, or Motion Control?

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 0:09 Quote
I really need help on this one; i'm having rebound problems on my 08 66RCV, on the "carpark test" they feel great with fairly quick rebound but not feeling like they could ever top out, but as soon as i'm maybe 50-100m into the DH run, they start feeling like they're topping out really violently but only over small bumps, (landing from big hits they feel great), is it an air pressure problem and if so could you all share your air pressures in both valves and how fast you set your rebound.
Any inout would be really appreciated, cheers

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 0:28 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
Anyone out there who has a roco air? how similar does it feel to the roco coil?
it feels good when set up well but will never feel like the coil, same as any other air shock. btw, theyre both great

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
Cwmcarnage wrote:
I really need help on this one; i'm having rebound problems on my 08 66RCV, on the "carpark test" they feel great with fairly quick rebound but not feeling like they could ever top out, but as soon as i'm maybe 50-100m into the DH run, they start feeling like they're topping out really violently but only over small bumps, (landing from big hits they feel great), is it an air pressure problem and if so could you all share your air pressures in both valves and how fast you set your rebound.
Any inout would be really appreciated, cheers
How much do you weigh?

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
also, if it's of any use, i run the compression preload with no air in it and at softest compression.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
If you haven't already, set sag, put a zip tie around the stanchion and sit on bike, take a light pedal around in gear 1 on a flat smooth surface so it will sit in to it's sag, just sitting on it isn't very accurate. and measure how much sag you have, you should have 20-30% 35mm-60mm. You can put a maximum of 15 psi in each side if needed. If you have already set sag, then play around with slowing down the rebound a bit each ride, trust me it helps to play around and see what feels best, and what doesn't.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
okay, cheers for the advice man, any other guidance from fellow 66 owners would be really helpful.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
Cwmcarnage wrote:
okay, cheers for the advice man, any other guidance from fellow 66 owners would be really helpful.
i just played round with it till the i found the setting where the rebound was a bit faster than the shock and about the same compression Smile

i gots the 05 ones by the way Smile

and about the air pressure, i have like 20something psi in each leg.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022277
Mobile Version of Website