The Pinkbike Nostalgia thread.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Pinkbike Nostalgia thread.
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
kev211 wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

***snippity**

I liked the Giraffe trend... Afterall it gave birth to pinkbike 2.0

did it? how so? haha I liked the olllllld pinkbike. Like 2005 pinkbike. I saw a camera forum with the same format the other day and I was like "i miss that! haha" All the threads turned orange when there was a new post and everything. That was a cool format Smile

I remember the orange...I do, in fact, miss that.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
It went down like the day after I moved down to the states so I had no friends and nothing to do and then pinkbike went down and i was like NOOOOOO!!!!

I made like one of the first posts though Razz

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
whatever happened to jordan?

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
It went down like the day after I moved down to the states so I had no friends and nothing to do and then pinkbike went down and i was like NOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, I wasn't even a member for the longest time, I would just surf the forums...I felt like I had to join after a while. I just feel like, 3 years, ago there was significantly less bickering going on about the functionality of the site itself. I mean I love PB. Yeah, there are annoying people, but you can easily keep yourself out of those situations. Hell, I met one of a best friends on here roughly 2 years ago now. We ride together all the time. PB made a bunch of nostalgic moments for me, so I haven't lost my faith in it. End rant, sorry. : ]

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
lettus, quoting yourself is poor form...

Yes, yes it is Ninja

Edit: Pinkbike was always better two years ago, no matter what year it is. Didn't you know that?

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
skatefreak282 wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't even a member for the longest time, I would just surf the forums...I felt like I had to join after a while. I just feel like, 3 years, ago there was significantly less bickering going on about the functionality of the site itself. I mean I love PB. Yeah, there are annoying people, but you can easily keep yourself out of those situations. Hell, I met one of a best friends on here roughly 2 years ago now. We ride together all the time. PB made a bunch of nostalgic moments for me, so I haven't lost my faith in it. End rant, sorry. : ]

haha totally agree with you! every word of it!

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
TUC:

photo

photo

Yamy:

photo

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
The difference between TUC and Yammy is that TUC has actually developed some biking skill lately and has earned alot of respect, including mine. Although I still think he should get a drive train Wink

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
crazygeorge wrote:
lettus, quoting yourself is poor form...

Yes, yes it is Ninja

Edit: Pinkbike was always better two years ago, no matter what year it is. Didn't you know that?

Yes, yes, I know, but I was, well, getting nostalgic...haha.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
The difference between TUC and Yammy is that TUC has actually developed some biking skill lately and has earned alot of respect, including mine. Although I still think he should get a drive train Wink

Yeah, I have respect for TUC now, and yamy's banned so he could actually be hucking 30ft drops with his 888's Razz

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
skatefreak282 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
Pinkbike was always better two years ago, no matter what year it is. Didn't you know that?

Yes, yes, I know, but I was, well, getting nostalgic...haha.

Fair enough.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
Ya TUC is good now... better than me... thats for sure...

The best part about yamy was the yellow helmet... we saw someone who kinda looked like they were trolling with a yellow helmet in the avatar we'd be like "ITS Yamy! BANNED"

Then we'd lol and have beer

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
YAMY!

I definitely remember going onto Pinkbike back in middle school and trying to find the sickest freaking freeride pictures ever. I had a folder of them with the PB watermark on them on my desktop. I didn't have an email address and my parents wouldn't let me use theirs so I never got an account. I never really bothered with scrolling through the forums at all. It was all about the pictures to me.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
YAMY!

I definitely remember going onto Pinkbike back in middle school and trying to find the sickest freaking freeride pictures ever. I had a folder of them with the PB watermark on them on my desktop. I didn't have an email address and my parents wouldn't let me use theirs so I never got an account. I never really bothered with scrolling through the forums at all. It was all about the pictures to me.

Yeah that's how I started using PB, I used to type in mountain biking pictures or something on google and it would always be Pinkbike that came up.

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
I used to HATE the photosection. It was terrible a few years ago. I even stopped uploading pics on here for a bit because of the nasty comments I'd always get. You couldn't delete the comments back then either.

I decided to stop uploading them when I uploaded pictures of my broken ankle, and people said it was fake and called me names Frown

But it's all good now. I just ban people who flame me lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.412832
Mobile Version of Website