Powered by Outside

Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Holy shit! You saw a tapir? I think that’s the English name for Danta. That’s so cool.

I think... but dont know if they are different had that conversation earlier today Razz I think they are almost the same... but the danta is full pitch black

I mean is my first encounter with big wildlife it was seriously amazing was so surreal hahaha

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
I need stickers haha send some
need more stickers lol
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 20:48 Quote
That is cool, I know there endangered and there is stuff going on in Costa Rica to help save them, so must be a rare thing to see one in the wild.

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
slaker wrote:
That is cool, I know there endangered and there is stuff going on in Costa Rica to help save them, so must be a rare thing to see one in the wild.

Well the mountain is called Cerro Danta... basically Tapir Mountain haha

But even then is a rare sight !! Was incredible !!

Lunch was mediocre at best shared box of wine with a lady and some chips... but the adventure and that sight was great!!

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
Did an hour and a half at The Parklands Nambour .
https://www.trailforks.com/region/mooloolah/?activitytype=1&z=14.1&lat=-26.58764&lon=152.97140

Dirt was prime . Mud almost all dried .

It was awesome to just get out and ride .

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 19:07 Quote
Did a street ride, was feeling strong, some stairs and drops and was having fun.... then sprinted for about 3 km

Feeling strong!!

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
Took the Rootdown on a twilight spin around Starr Pass in Tucson.
Starr Pass Evening Ride
Starr Pass Evening Ride
Starr Pass Evening Ride

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 19:33 Quote
Wife discovered a little tiny trail network up near the house that I can ride up to in about 15 minutes. Super steep uphill road climb to get there which might be good for me.. once there flat single track. Guess I’ll check it out over the coming days. Man I wish I hand a basic XC bike vs. the tank. Oh well!

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 20:58 Quote
Views: 172    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
Nice! Had a sweet little day myself... exploring a whole different ridge system near my folks place I have never bothered to... turns out its a hoot. Cant attach pics from phone but some banger views.

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Nice! Had a sweet little day myself... exploring a whole different ridge system near my folks place I have never bothered to... turns out its a hoot. Cant attach pics from phone but some banger views.
Always nice to find new stuff to ride, I may have found everything in my zone after over 30 years of searching but there is so much that can be rediscovered and rebuilt since the fires and floods, just take so much time and work..... like this one did

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
This is how we "let up and ride".
Views: 124    Faves: 1    Comments: 5

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Always nice to find new stuff to ride, I may have found everything in my zone after over 30 years of searching but there is so much that can be rediscovered and rebuilt since the fires and floods, just take so much time and work..... like this one did

It opened up a whole new view... so I could see dozens of other ridges and many with ridge trails... one is so gnasty I gotta ride it... but have to map out where that sucker dumps out... many miles away from where we entered....

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

It opened up a whole new view... so I could see dozens of other ridges and many with ridge trails... one is so gnasty I gotta ride it... but have to map out where that sucker dumps out... many miles away from where we entered....

A random trail that dumps you far from where you want to be? Sounds like your brother should ride that one.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:

A random trail that dumps you far from where you want to be? Sounds like your brother should ride that one.
Or did he already? Just look for him at some rando bar with a dead cell phone....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023315
Mobile Version of Website