Powered by Outside

commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: May 25, 2023 at 19:57 Quote
frednewton wrote:
norcohavocdirtjumper wrote:
Hey all .... quick commencal Clash question even though it's not clash specific.

On my Clash it didn't come with Pedal washers in the box and the Deftraps don't come with them either.
Should I still run some even tho I'll probably be running the same pedals for the next 3-4 years?
The pedals are Deity Deftraps and don't seem rough on the cranks interface.

Thanks
I'd use washers just in case. I got some from my local bike shop when I got some saint cranks that didn't come with washers.

Thanks! .... probably I'll grab some off Amazon or whatnot. Hopefully it doesn't reduce Pedal thread engagement too much

Posted: May 25, 2023 at 20:04 Quote
Anybody experienced shock clunk from new?
Rear shock mount clunking basically. I tightened up the rear shock bolt (over tightened), fairly soon after I discovered it a year or so back and it went away but I feel it made it have more binding from my hackish fix.........

If anybody is wondering what I'm talking about, just search "Commencal Clash Clunk" on Google....
There's talk of roller bearings being a fix .... really I just want a fix that will ensure free movement of the linkage and longevity of all components.

It was a ghost clunk till I traced it and was happy and also unhappy to find it was a issue with lack of precision sizing in the rear of the shock mount.

Cheers.

Posted: May 26, 2023 at 0:50 Quote
Anybody experienced shock clunk from new?
Rear shock mount clunking basically. I tightened up the rear shock bolt (over tightened), fairly soon after I discovered it a year or so back and it went away but I feel it made it have more binding from my hackish fix.........

If anybody is wondering what I'm talking about, just search "Commencal Clash Clunk" on Google....
There's talk of roller bearings being a fix .... really I just want a fix that will ensure free movement of the linkage and longevity of all components.

It was a ghost clunk till I traced it and was happy and also unhappy to find it was a issue with lack of precision sizing in the rear of the shock mount.

Cheers.

Not from new ,although i have started to experiance it now , Have noticed on the rear shock bolt is worn on one side.Have ordered a new bolt and bushes

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 14:00 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
So I finally pulled the trigger on a fidlock. I dont like using camelbacks or backpacks while riding, and I didnt want to use the downtube mount. Just picky aesthetic things lol
It stayed put, and didn't get in the way while pedaling
p.s the reason the shock is backwards is because I thought I could squeeze this 600ml into the front triangle, and couldn't, and was too lazy to put it back

photo

jjust what i wanted to know. I ust pulled the trigger on the fidlock system . so sick of wearing those damn fanny packs to lug water around

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 16:08 Quote
blackke17 wrote:
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
So I finally pulled the trigger on a fidlock. I dont like using camelbacks or backpacks while riding, and I didnt want to use the downtube mount. Just picky aesthetic things lol
It stayed put, and didn't get in the way while pedaling
p.s the reason the shock is backwards is because I thought I could squeeze this 600ml into the front triangle, and couldn't, and was too lazy to put it back

[P=https://i.imgur.com/V1hcWZN.pnign=c][/P]

jjust what i wanted to know. I ust pulled the trigger on the fidlock system . so sick of wearing those damn fanny packs to lug water around

Its great for trail riding/enduro
I take the bottle off at bike parks. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed on

fyi to everyone else, don't mount your shock like this. My rebound wheel on my superdeluxe is all scratched to shit because the rocker arm was rubbing really bad. This may work on v1 clashes, but def not v2

Posted: Sep 3, 2023 at 3:18 Quote
Putting a coil on my Clash has made it seem far more grown up....Very confused Swapped the SDU air for a custom tuned SDU coil and yes, its plusher than an extremely plush thing and it really does improve the ride as well as adding a bit of weight. Kind of feels like when I moved on from my shonky first car to my first BMW. Bike is a bit less playful though so going to need to tune it a bit. Anyone else gone from air to coil?

Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 10:30 Quote
anyone know the max seat post insertion on a 2020 size L off the top of their head?

Posted: Nov 19, 2023 at 14:33 Quote
Alloypenguin wrote:
Putting a coil on my Clash has made it seem far more grown up....Very confused Swapped the SDU air for a custom tuned SDU coil and yes, its plusher than an extremely plush thing and it really does improve the ride as well as adding a bit of weight. Kind of feels like when I moved on from my shonky first car to my first BMW. Bike is a bit less playful though so going to need to tune it a bit. Anyone else gone from air to coil?

Planning on getting a Bomber CR this winter, although I really dont have any complaints with my stock Super deluxe air shock.

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 19:50 Quote
Hey all .... how's all your clashes holding up? .... are they tougher than other Commencal frames? As in minimal cracking instances?

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 22:26 Quote
Hey all .... how's all your clashes holding up? .... are they tougher than other Commencal frames? As in minimal cracking instances?
Yes all good. No trouble with my frame.

Posted: Jan 31, 2024 at 10:30 Quote

Bought mine in late 2019 and no problems till today after some heavy use. Awesome Bike.

Posted: Feb 1, 2024 at 15:45 Quote
Great to hear!
Great to hear!!

I've seen a couple instances of cracking but I hope it's more of a rare one off situation for most.

I'm 3 clashes deep at this point .... have two builds and ones a large and ones a medium since I wanted to downsize for a funner and more agile bike. If I did Whistler all the time then I'd run the large but I don't do Whistler and likely won't ever, so a medium will work for me and be pretty darn stable. A Medium 265mm reach and then added a 50mm stem so roughly a 275mm reach.

Got another used medium frame coming in to change the Large build I have into a poppy fun trailbike type setup. I'm mulling over a Works angleset to make the headtube 65 and shorten the fork slightly.

So that's why I'm just asking about their reliability in general as I really enjoy them and I've got mildly obsessed at this point.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 2, 2024 at 18:12 Quote
I've read internet stories of some of the generation 1 clash frames cracking. But I think it said it was "fixed" with the generation 2.

I have a gen 2 clash ('21 clash ride) and I really enjoy it. I mostly ride park and its a perfect park bike. I went to Whistler in '22 with the same bike and it was awesome. The stock brakes were poor imo so I upgraded to mt5

Pedaling in local woods seems a bit sluggish. I would like to make the clash a bit more pedal friendly in the future (without upgrading to the new meta)

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 12:05 Quote
does anyone know what coil shock is compatiable with the commencal c;ash 2021 as i tried to put rockshox super deluxe ultimate byt the fittings on my frame were to small for the shock.

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 15:36 Quote
Daniel090609 wrote:
does anyone know what coil shock is compatiable with the commencal c;ash 2021 as i tried to put rockshox super deluxe ultimate byt the fittings on my frame were to small for the shock.

Do you have a picture of the shock you were trying to fit?
If it's a regular eyelet shock, and NOT the bearing version, it should fit fine. If it's a used shock, make sure the old bearing bushings are removed and the correct clash bushings installed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010829
Mobile Version of Website