Powered by Outside

Kitchener-Waterloo

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Kitchener-Waterloo
Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:25 Quote
im friends with one of them, but he is a dedicated rider and works on the jumps every chance he gets, but he cant really help if the other arent doing their job Wink

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:27 Quote
Also worth mentioning that the dirt there is horrible to work with.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:28 Quote
that too, the city trucked in w.e dirt they had laying around for that place, all they can do is hope that it rains(only time you can really repair or re-shape shit)

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
Hope it rains only in the proper amounts*. Too much at once will only create ruts and mud. If it was slow and steady, it would be much nicer to work with... But you know, mother nature is a bitch.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
metalzors wrote:
Hope it rains only in the proper amounts*. Too much at once will only create ruts and mud. If it was slow and steady, it would be much nicer to work with... But you know, mother nature is a bitch.

thats the thing though, the dirt was moist and nice to work on. just thought i would throw it out there.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:42 Quote
depends on whos there, and how busy it is, Jason doesnt like to do work on them while theres tones of people there cause it tents to piss people off more than anything

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:43 Quote
NWray wrote:
depends on whos there, and how busy it is, Jason doesnt like to do work on them while theres tones of people there cause it tents to piss people off more than anything

does jason ride a rasta'd out bike? When i was there he was riding with me and a few friends. pretty cool guy i guess.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
yea, rasta'ed out Mob, with a mint argyle

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:45 Quote
NWray wrote:
yea, rasta'ed out Mob, with a mint argyle

yup, that was him Big Grin

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:46 Quote
lmao yea riding with him is soo chill, as he always looks at things differently than most people, he some how manages to find lines i didnt even know were possible lol

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:46 Quote
stickerman wrote:
metalzors wrote:

thats the thing though, the dirt was moist and nice to work on. just thought i would throw it out there.

Not to completely disagree with you, but the dirt at Trashmore is so compacted that I doubt more than the first inch of dirt would be damp. Which is why ruts appear so often.
Now I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure.

Personally, I definitely don't think Trashmore is the best place for dirtjumping, and pretty much anyone can attest to this.
I've talked to a few riders about the idea of getting city-approved, rider-built and rider-maintained dirtjumps. And it seems like more people would enjoy that than Trashmore.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:48 Quote
metalzors wrote:
stickerman wrote:
metalzors wrote:

Not to completely disagree with you, but the dirt at Trashmore is so compacted that I doubt more than the first inch of dirt would be damp. Which is why ruts appear so often.

Personally, I definitely don't think Trashmore is the best place for dirtjumping, and pretty much anyone can attest to this.
I've talked to a few riders about the idea of getting city-approved, rider-built and rider-maintained dirtjumps. And it seems like more people would enjoy that than Trashmore.

id be more than down for that, also having some liberty to build new stuff would be cool as well. id more than likely come work on jumps more than i would ride them lol

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:50 Quote
metalzors wrote:
stickerman wrote:
metalzors wrote:

im not asking them to dig, just throw some fresh dirt into the ruts and pack it down. It gets pretty irritating when your walking past the workers and one of them yells "wooo new highscore on angry birds." It would benifit everyone if the city built jumps and were rider maintained.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 17:58 Quote
But I'm not saying have the city build jumps, then have riders maintain them. I mean like all designing, building and maintaining is done by riders.
The main reason, I believe, that Trashmore is almost never worked on, is because it's not worth the effort. From what I know, most, if not all, of the staff at Trashmore are riders themselves. And as a fellow rider, I can understand that those jumps in particular aren't exactly what we all want (in a generally sense, you can't make absolutely everyone happy). Trashmore is oversized, hard, and not too flowy.
I'd much rather work on something I know will be fun, flowy, and require no braking (something else the Trashmore is bad for).

Which reminds me... Nathan, step up on the weekend?

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 18:00 Quote
sounds like a plan, need to dial in my 3's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010120
Mobile Version of Website