Powered by Outside

POD: Amateur Photography Style (read before posting)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
POD: Amateur Photography Style (read before posting)
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 17:52 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
photo
winner

topic suggestions? haha
insects/wildlife?

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
i was thinkingsomething like that

Alright, new topic. -Take a photo in the wilderness. If you live in the city or something, a local park or small forest is acceptable. Hell, maybe even your backyard. Colours, subjects, DOF, whatchyou got?

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 17:57 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
i was thinkingsomething like that

Alright, new topic. -Take a photo in the wilderness. If you live in the city or something, a local park or small forest is acceptable. Hell, maybe even your backyard. Colours, subjects, DOF, whatchyou got?
sounds good tup

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 18:02 Quote
That is one of the broadest subjects ever. (no offence)

But maybe this has something to do with my photo albums being full of pictures taken in the wilderness... (at least 80 days of being out in the middle of nowhere, a lot more if you include car trips)

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 18:04 Quote
dotca wrote:
Can't you guys come up with better topics in this thread? I'll give you some ideas. A 3 photo series (tell a story through the 3 photos), or something like best silhouette, or best slow shutter shot, or best use of a pattern in a photo or even just best composition in a photo. I don't know, but most of these themes here just don't make you guys really try to explore your creative photo side. These kinds of ideas should try and push you photographically.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
dotca wrote:
Can't you guys come up with better topics in this thread? I'll give you some ideas. A 3 photo series (tell a story through the 3 photos), or something like best silhouette, or best slow shutter shot, or best use of a pattern in a photo or even just best composition in a photo. I don't know, but most of these themes here just don't make you guys really try to explore your creative photo side. These kinds of ideas should try and push you photographically.

This topic isn't forcing exploration of creativity, neither did the last one. I'm out.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
bmxzach wrote:
dotca wrote:

This topic isn't forcing exploration of creativity, neither did the last one. I'm out.
What would then?

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 19:58 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
erik74 wrote:
on a semi-related topic (in reference to the thread topic), went out to do a few night shots. set up my camera, iso 3200, 30 secs, f/4. just to see what settings to use. ya, i left. apparently there's a town across the bay near me, 70-80 km away, that's lighting up the night sky...and it's invisible to the eye. kinds cool to see though. wish i couldve set up a nice, say 20-30 min exposure though.
Facepalm
i thought that sentence would clear up the reason i used 3200. obviously not for a long exposure but if it comes out with the exposure i want at that setting at 30 seconds, then i can better estimate what f/ and shutter speed to use at iso 200

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 21:06 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
dotca wrote:

What would then?

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
dotca wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

What would then?

I've already suggested some to bmxzach. Suffering, Grief, Ecstasy, Take an abstract photo with meaning... etc.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 21:09 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
dotca wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
What would then?

I've already suggested some to bmxzach. Suffering, Grief, Ecstasy, Take an abstract photo with meaning... etc.

Yeah those are good too. I messed up on the quote, and forgot it deleted the 4th quote, ha. It's fixed with what it should be now though...

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
I will leave you guys with some Picasso quotes that I believe everyone could learn something from. (They also have relevance lol)

Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it?

Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.

Painting is a blind man's profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.

The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?

Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs.

Pablo Picasso.

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 at 6:50 Quote
I dont why every one keeps saying the topic doesnt allow you to get creative, Every topic on here allows you to be creative some are just harder than others to do, You guys want to improve in your photography then show me a creative wilderness pictures. right now my mind is running blank on ideas, but im still going to try.
Its you who arnt creative not the topics, like I said you want to improve and wow people with your photos then think out side the box like this challange requires.

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 at 8:11 Quote
i think the next topic should be bike related in some way 2 cents

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 at 8:54 Quote
How about shoot something in the style of Henri Cartier-Bresson?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.thisstandardscottishlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/hcb.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011989
Mobile Version of Website