PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
Speaking of fire, this is happening right beside a set of trails I helped make:
photo
Oh no..

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 19:39 Quote
love it how you're just like "oh no" at the end Smile

i imagine this fine black dust everywhere....

sounds fun

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 5:14 Quote
What's to best way to build a woop section kinda like the one in the Elliot Jackson video.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
in our small whoop section we dug out buckets and then made lines of the whoops and the dug the troughs between and added that on top. If you make small whoops like the ones we have make it long otherwise its not very hard and we managed to gap it before we extended it.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
The height of the whoops and distance between each whoop will determine their difficulty. The taller and closer together they are the more significant they will feel.

If the whoops are over too fast, add more. If it's too smooth, dig the gaps between and add height. If you want it more technical then make them closer together.

I've found a good number for whoops per bike length is 1-3. The faster you go the more likely the number will be lower, and farther apart.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:54 Quote
It's also worth making the whoops at slight diagonal line other wise you have drainage issues , also try to dig down more than you stack up , and also make them months in advance of riding them so they firm up and weather in other wise they will be gone in an afternoon sessioning

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
some guy on a 450 came down a day after we built ours and just mowed them down

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:59 Quote
Thats why it's better to dig down to make them rather than stacking as the ground is much firmer

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 12:13 Quote
Awesome thanks for all the advice!

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 16:10 Quote
I need whoops like that , scippsranch .Copy that.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
do you know what i love

loams. i can't get enough of that shizzle! just dig out a line choice, roughen it up but keep it loose, ride it with brakes a couple of times, and there you go, a great trail!

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 21:45 Quote
Little thing I wrote on renegade trails;
http://cogwild.com/news/

Let me know what you think.

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 7:24 Quote
Not really trails but the other day we were shovelling the snow out of the bowl at our local Park and these two skaters, who wernt locals probably like 25 or 30 years old came up to us and asked when we would be done so they could some back and ride. Like people have zero idea what respect is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016345
Mobile Version of Website