Scratchmere Scar the official thread !!!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Scratchmere Scar the official thread !!!
Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
Yeah, completely dead! Used to go every week and now not been for the past 6 months or so.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 6:34 Quote
Back this easter and looking to start up somewhere fresh, anyone around the Penrith area have any idea/suggestions of where we could possibly start to build up a few more trails?

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 10:05 Quote
watson-bell wrote:
Back this easter and looking to start up somewhere fresh, anyone around the Penrith area have any idea/suggestions of where we could possibly start to build up a few more trails?

possibly greystoke forest?

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 10:14 Quote
Bit too small and flat if i'm thinking of the one where joe bray built a few little jumps?

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 11:36 Quote
watson-bell wrote:
Bit too small and flat if i'm thinking of the one where joe bray built a few little jumps?
yup! armathwaite possibly? or the beacon?

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 12:35 Quote
Went up scratchmere tonight with a mate, hasn't been used in a while but everything is still ther apart from the big log drop/road gap, the lad I was with did a few of uplifts 2/3 year ago but uplifts got banned because the quarry needed the use of the road, the rest of it still allowed to be used, think wer gonna have a run up 1 night to clear some fallen trees and rake the tracks as ther full of pine cones and branches, it looks like people still go up ther as thers some fresh markings here and ther, any1 else fancy a tidy up on the trails?

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 14:31 Quote
So is riding now allowed there?

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 14:38 Quote
I thought the land owner went crazy and said he'd call the police etc. if people were riding there?

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
riding technically isn't permitted, but me and a few mates have been going up for a while to clear some of the tracks and build some new lines.. but we have been trying to keep it real low profile.. no litter, uplifts, building on the fire roads etc.

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 0:14 Quote
Ther is a well walked walking route so the place is still used a lot i think, ther was 2 people involved with this place, some1 called clive and another lad that i dont know his name, clive aparantly fell out with the lad and the uplifts stopped plus the quary road stopped it, dan who i was with last night knows the other lad and rang him asking about riding ther and he said its still fine to use, if every1 starts using it then like pamph96 said no litter dropping and mucking about in the car park etc, we need to try keep the farmer happy next to the car park even though he has nothing to do with it im told, ther is a few trees blocking some routes so me and dan are gonna try clear them out the way 1 night

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 2:00 Quote
The land is still been used for rock climbing and walking.

Yet biking got stopped?

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 3:30 Quote
Biking hasnt been stopped from what we have been told

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 3:39 Quote
liam6200 wrote:
Biking hasnt been stopped from what we have been told

marshalls made it very clear that they weren't happy with bikers being there.. they sent up some diggers and made nearly all of the tracks unrideable

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 5:18 Quote
Well they did a shite job of its all ther apart from a couple of felled trees, someones been riding it as thers fresh markings, says clearly on the sign in the carpark about biking and walking, no one was up ther last night when we went

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 13:31 Quote
What does the sign say Liam?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015135
Mobile Version of Website