Powered by Outside

Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest Ebike Thread. Please no posting of your own bikes. Discussion is welcome!
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 0:17 Quote
I'm 5'11" and about 205 right now. Not quite a "smaller rider". I just prefer a lighter, more maneuverable bike. Which is why I don't think I need/want a full power eMTB. Also I would be going for as light as possible within reason so my goal would be around 35 lbs for something like a Levo or Heckler SL.

Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 5:46 Quote
I thought the same way until I rode with other full power ebikes and just couldn’t keep up. Then I demo’d a full power ebike and kissed $10k goodbye immediately. I now own a full power and an SL, and enjoy both equally. Depending on the trail, and who I’m riding with, I go back and forth between the two. Each serves a specific purpose and feel very different.

And you’ll be spending a lot of money trying to get any ebike that light. Mid 30 lbs seems impossible imo. Especially not speccing with full on XC parts and weenie tires.

Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 6:21 Quote
I still enjoy my full power Trance but what I would really like is a super Enduro ebike, at least 180mm travel, full power, trail crusher Smile

Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 8:20 Quote
Devinci E-Troy Bosch GX LTD. Photos by Tom Richards.

Kinda sexy if you squint and dim the brightness settings on your screen. Moon

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 0:42 Quote
fredro wrote:
I thought the same way until I rode with other full power ebikes and just couldn’t keep up. Then I demo’d a full power ebike and kissed $10k goodbye immediately. I now own a full power and an SL, and enjoy both equally. Depending on the trail, and who I’m riding with, I go back and forth between the two. Each serves a specific purpose and feel very different.

And you’ll be spending a lot of money trying to get any ebike that light. Mid 30 lbs seems impossible imo. Especially not speccing with full on XC parts and weenie tires.

A Scott Lumen is 37 lbs stock for its cheapest model. A Levo SL Comp is 40 lbs with shit parts. Dropping 5 lbs should be doable even without using XC parts.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 6:14 Quote
Thought you were talking about the heckler SL. Like I said, you’ll be spending lots of money to drop weight like that. The heckler SL is about 42lbs without pedals. Where are you dropping 8lbs.?? I’d love to see it, but I doubt you can do it.

Don’t know much about the Levo SL or the lumen. They don’t interest me much.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 9:43 Quote
Another one for team #FoolPower. My other other enduro bike is a KTM. 230 lbs, 40 ish HP. So, 55 lbs is light in comparison.

I love all three sports. My not-e-bike, my dual crown full powered ebike, and my dirt bike. All three are very different and unique things with distinct pros and cons.

I want to love the light e-bikes. I’ve ridden the Orbea, Heckler, both generation Levos. I’m not a fast climber and ride with some fit people, so I enjoy throwing it in low and using it to keep up.

But as an ebike, I’ll echo what every one else has said. I do prefer the new Heckler to the new Levo.

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 12:48 Quote
Does anyone know If there are rumored Light E Bikes are coming from Commencal, Atherton Bikes or Others?

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 0:30 Quote
fredro wrote:
Thought you were talking about the heckler SL. Like I said, you’ll be spending lots of money to drop weight like that. The heckler SL is about 42lbs without pedals. Where are you dropping 8lbs.?? I’d love to see it, but I doubt you can do it.

Don’t know much about the Levo SL or the lumen. They don’t interest me much.

I work at a Specialized dealer. If I were to get anything, it would be a Levo SL. We don't carry Santa Cruz so I prefer to not represent brands with which we are not affiliated.

Personally I think the Levo SL looks a little better than the Heckler SL now that I think about it. Puts out major SJ Evo vibes.
photo

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 5:06 Quote
Yeah those look real nice, but not enough power or battery for my liking.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 15:41 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
I still enjoy my full power Trance but what I would really like is a super Enduro ebike, at least 180mm travel, full power, trail crusher Smile

You should get one! They’re so badass! Mine is 190/200 with the Bosch CX race motor and it’s just under 48lbs when I put in my smaller 500W battery, (I have the stock 750 battery for longer rides) and I absolutely love it. It crushes everything but still handles and climbs great.

Regarding the SL vs full power bikes, a dude in my ebike group just bought a Kenevo SL and he has trouble keeping up since everyone else is on full power. I think he is already regretting getting the SL.

Posted: Jan 5, 2024 at 0:48 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

You should get one! They’re so badass! Mine is 190/200 with the Bosch CX race motor and it’s just under 48lbs when I put in my smaller 500W battery, (I have the stock 750 battery for longer rides) and I absolutely love it. It crushes everything but still handles and climbs great.

Regarding the SL vs full power bikes, a dude in my ebike group just bought a Kenevo SL and he has trouble keeping up since everyone else is on full power. I think he is already regretting getting the SL.

The SL motor makes no sense on the Kenevo. I think it's much better suited on a mid-travel trail bike like the Levo SL platform.

Posted: Jan 5, 2024 at 8:28 Quote
seraph wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

The SL motor makes no sense on the Kenevo. I think it's much better suited on a mid-travel trail bike like the Levo SL platform.

At least the new motor makes more sense, I feel bad for anyone that bought the original Kenevo SL and just loss all resale value with the new motor having 20nm more power.
The old motor was used for a single year in that frame?

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2024 at 11:47 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

At least the new motor makes more sense, I feel bad for anyone that bought the original Kenevo SL and just loss all resale value with the new motor having 20nm more power.
The old motor was used for a single year in that frame?

I think it may have been 2 years, but I’m not sure. I almost bought one when they first came out because you could get it as a frameset, (S-Works version). But it was $8,500 just for the frameset! I ended up getting my first Pole frameset for 4g less! So glad I didn’t end up with the small motor Kenevo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020194
Mobile Version of Website