Powered by Outside

Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
Nice, waiting for spring to do some much needed trail repair here now, or a warmer day after some snow, definitely need moisture to work the stuff here,Big scree slide section will be lost if not repaired soon which will kill my favorite local hour and a half loop.

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
Heinous and sketchy but rad snow ride today on the wagon wheels, First climb 6 miles and a couple thousand feet in a few inches of soft snow, First descent into shady canyon just as snow gets super slick with sudden temp drop, then to the north slope canyons to finally find some crunchy more manageable but super cold snow...Was out a bit long shoe covers were completely frozen to shoes when I got home.. had to wait for the ice to melt a bit before I could pull them off...

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2020 at 15:44 Quote
Finally got out to test the fork upgrade today, was delighted to find someone added a new small drop to our area. Was devastated to find that someone stole my Carbon Dissident and custom goggles out of my homie's car while we were jibbing around.
Views: 50    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Dec 16, 2020 at 20:57 Quote
Looks fun,,, Whats a carbon dissident?

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 0:10 Quote
Drop was super fun.

The Dissident was the full-face lid I've been rocking for a few seasons now:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-works-dissident-with-angi/p/162033?color=251062-162033&searchText=60219-0204

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
Out to Parkies for a jaunt after the rain .

Cancer Tree

Dream Machine

After the rain .

Eucalypt trees shed limbs constantly .
Some wind and rain means there is lots of timber on the ground . Tried to be a good citizen and remove the ones I could .
Scheduled trail maintenance day tomorrow . Break out the rake hoes and chain saws !

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
Conditions here remain pretty ridable, so far not too much ice or messy stuff...Feels pretty tacky and crunchy but not pushing it cause all it takes is one hidden ice patch which I learned a couple years ago after 30 years of winter riding...

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
Oh yeah slickery slips... looks rad guys... those cat tracks popping down the bank onto the trail Slaker?

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 17:34 Quote
That looks preferable to the mud I rode in here today. A crisp snow ride is pretty nice sometimes.

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
That looks preferable to the mud I rode in here today. A crisp snow ride is pretty nice sometimes.

I like the sound of the tires making sweet sweet love to the snow covered trails

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

I like the sound of the tires making sweet sweet love to the snow covered trails
Snow riding conditions can very so much, Sunday's ride was super sketch but fresh tracks, things got grippier as the week progressed though.

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
Spider Mountain - Burnet Texas...

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Oh yeah slickery slips... looks rad guys... those cat tracks popping down the bank onto the trail Slaker?
yup, good size ones too...

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
Hardtail97229 wrote:
Spider Mountain - Burnet Texas...
Howdy, hardtailier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027151
Mobile Version of Website