Powered by Outside

SS that's single speed.

PB Forum :: 29ers
SS that's single speed.
Posted: Jun 12, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
still it really depends what you ride and how you ride

Posted: Jun 12, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
Hey guys Ive been using this for a while, a gear size calculator (with skid patch for you fixed folks) on the iPhone. It's called bike gears and works pretty rad. You still need to know what you can pedal but gives you a bit of ammo before going into the shop.

Posted: Jun 12, 2011 at 22:44 Quote
around here almost all the racers run a 32x18 or 33x20 cuz its alot of hills... i know a couple pro riders that ride 36x20 or 38x21

Posted: Jun 13, 2011 at 3:15 Quote
i once used 32:18 on my old GT, i just got bored and tired so quick, i changed to 32:16 straight after that ride and it was still to easy, but it was mostly flat

I think the next version of my mtb will turn out like a fixed gear freestyle bike but 2 brakes and a freewheel, 42:18 or 17, 1.8ish easy rolling tyres and pedal straps(maybe power grips) should be fun! Big Grin

Posted: Jun 18, 2011 at 14:34 Quote
Heres mine:

shiny bits
shiny bits

Ratio: 32:17
Quite a few hills round here.
Weighs about 27lb fully loaded with saddle bag and the like.

Recent changes tonight:

polished cranks
polished cranks

Polished crank arms!

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 22:56 Quote
I have two single speeds:
One for dirt
photo

One for cruisin’
Upgrades Panasonic RibMo tires 32mm rear 25mm front. Ritchey Carbon fork SRAM Apex front brake caliper FiZIK Arione Liquigas saddle. Masi Soulville SS

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 18:16 Quote
Almost done building up my first SS using my old Cannondale hardtail that I used to race. Can't wait to try it out. I started with 32:16 ratio. I may be to out of shape for it!

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 21:45 Quote
It's been converted now:

Changed up the ripper....and fixed my camera

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 18:15 Quote
Here is my old Cannondale Caad4 frame converted to a SS. This is my first SS bike ever! Built from spares lying around my dad's shop, and I used to race this very frame when some of you were still in diapers! I thought it would be a fun around town grocery-getter and occasional trail bike.

Specs:
1999 Caad4 Frame
Headshok Fatty SL
FSA Crank 32 tooth ring/ ISIS BB
Sram 9.0 Levers/ LX v-brakes
Old Coda Suspension seatpost/Cannondale seat from my caffeine 29er
Hugi (DT SWISS) 240s hubs/ Twisted ti 3cross spokes/ Sun Rhyno Rims. Handbuilt by.... me
Unknown tensioner/ shimano 16t cog
Whatever tires I have lying around.

Plan to get a wider handlebar and new grips. I had some sram twist shifts on there and when I removed them the grips left are too short.

Single speed converted Cannondale Caad4

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 0:08 Quote
That it so damn nice man. Whats it weight?

Surely you can take a few links out of that chain? or wont it go? It looks a bit long, thats all.

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 4:36 Quote
looks like it wants to be topped off with some clip pedals

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 5:30 Quote
Yeah I think I can take two links out, just haven't done it yet.

I put those flats on so I didn't hav to wear my SPD shoes every time I want to run out for a ride around town. I can just wear my sneakers and be confortable. I can always throw on my spare SPD's if I go on some trail rides with it.

Not sure about the weight since I don' have a scale at the house. In full 3x9 gearing with sram twist shifters and an XT casette it was only 24 pounds even though it is a Jumbo frame. It is very light now. Almost feels like an aluminum frame road bike.

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 7:24 Quote
cannondale, seem to have the craziest sus ideas, just felt i would throw it out there

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 at 3:46 Quote
jimbo33000 wrote:
It's been converted now:

Changed up the ripper....and fixed my camera

how is she riding now?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042876
Mobile Version of Website