Post your home workshops!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Post your home workshops!
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
intestineeater1 wrote:
whats the best stand for your money that has a decent price?
ive heard the ultimate stands are really good and better than any of the lower end park stuff for the money
The Ultimate support stands are really really good. There Elite model I feel is much better then any Park stand. Do to the fact that the tripod base can be setup on just about any surface. The next thing is that the Ultimate stands are super fast to setup and extremely stable. The last thing is the clamps work very slick you simply turn the knob tight and start wrenchen on your bike.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
my ultimate stand is pretty good

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
me2menow wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:
me2menow wrote:
im so jealous of all you a*sholes
my moms fatty car hogs up the whole garage

Sounds lame.
yeah....my dads garage has potential tho...
i have a 2 car garage with 7 motorcycles/dirtbikes

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
uniethan wrote:
me2menow wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:

Sounds lame.
that sucks...
sometimes i have to work on my bike on my dog's bed Frown poor leon...

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:38 Quote
me2menow wrote:
im so jealous of all you a*sholes
my moms fatty car hogs up the whole garage

Have you ever considered installing a door on the wall with a support leg or two so you can have a fold down bench that you can use when the car is out?? Just a suggestion. We have all had challenges like this and many, many tiny shops are very functional. Can you run a narrow 12-24" depth bench along a back wall with the car still fitting? If there's a will you will find a way. If you want some more ideas of utilizing space for a small shop PM me as I have had the same challenges in the past. Now I have lots of room but me challenge is keeping it clean and functional.

Good luck.
A.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
saturnine wrote:

Agreed! I love my Ultimate stand. It packs away so easily and travels with me everywhere. It hasn't been on a plane yet but it wouldn't be unheard of. I like the fact that they work well to wash your bike with also. They will hold a DH bike upside down no problem. I've had 2 bikes on mine before but I don't suggest it. One in the clamp and the other hanging by the seat from the top of the post. I don't want to plug any shops and violate policy so if you want to have one shipped PM me and I will tell you where I got mine. I have recommended others shop at the same place and they have had nothing but good things to say.

Good luck.
A.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
me2menow wrote:
uniethan wrote:
me2menow wrote:
that sucks...
sometimes i have to work on my bike on my dog's bed Frown poor leon...
its not too bad cause one of the cars usaully outside and I have a toolcart I just roll over to my bike

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
intestineeater1 wrote:

i got my park stand at the bike show on friday for $89.99, amazing price and a very good stand for the money

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
sweetsarasin wrote:
intestineeater1 wrote:

i got my park stand at the bike show on friday for $89.99, amazing price and a very good stand for the money
thats a special deal there 150 usaully

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
jamesmorrislanky wrote:
this is mine. tv, radio, bike, freezer full of ice cream, full tool box. couldnt want anything more.
photo

ummm how about a fridge full of beer? who eats icecream and works on bikes... that sh*t gets sticky! ha

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 21:58 Quote
neex wrote:
saturnine wrote:

Agreed! I love my Ultimate stand. It packs away so easily and travels with me everywhere. It hasn't been on a plane yet but it wouldn't be unheard of. I like the fact that they work well to wash your bike with also. They will hold a DH bike upside down no problem. I've had 2 bikes on mine before but I don't suggest it. One in the clamp and the other hanging by the seat from the top of the post. I don't want to plug any shops and violate policy so if you want to have one shipped PM me and I will tell you where I got mine. I have recommended others shop at the same place and they have had nothing but good things to say.

Good luck.
A.
thats actually a really good idea....but sadly there is literally no wall in my garage that doesnt have crap against it...Frown

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 22:10 Quote
uniethan wrote:
sweetsarasin wrote:
intestineeater1 wrote:

thats a special deal there 150 usaully
dude...tats so expensive Confused
i need to make one

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
Damn someone likes pricey forks.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
iggz wrote:
photo
Bigger pic.

still holding on to the training wheels eh?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031222
Mobile Version of Website