Powered by Outside

The 24" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The 24" Thread
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:14 Quote
connor-H wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
connor-H wrote:

CRC is doing the 09 capital for less than 200 at the moment, ive never felt so desperate to get a new frame!

they are?

yeah shop soiled, wonder how long it'll last
Shop soiled- mind refreshing my memory?

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:16 Quote
mrblabla wrote:
connor-H wrote:
devulge96 wrote:

they are?

ex-display, scratched, cosmetic damage etc.

might email and enquire about it.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:18 Quote
connor-H wrote:
mrblabla wrote:
connor-H wrote:

Basicly its been in a shop

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
mrblabla wrote:
connor-H wrote:
mrblabla wrote:

Basicly its been in a shop
and taken out the box

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
what fork has the lowest axle to crown rigid what fork do you guys run?

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
jakkaroo wrote:

Lowest one out there is the Black Market Tech-9. The XL is 414mm, and the short is 395mm.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:

Lowest one out there is the Black Market Tech-9. The XL is 414mm, and the short is 439mm.

how is the XL smaller than the short?!

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:

Lowest one out there is the Black Market Tech-9. The XL is 414mm, and the short is 439mm.
must be nice does it have a good warranty

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
jakkaroo wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:

As far as I know their warranty is "ok" at best. Not too much hassle, but from what I hear a bit more than other companies.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:

As far as I know their warranty is "ok" at best. Not too much hassle, but from what I hear a bit more than other companies.
idk if i should switch forks cause the s&m ppitchfork is liftime but has tiny dropouts and is suspsion corrected so the axle to crown is pretty high

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:18 Quote
jakkaroo wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:

idk if i should switch forks cause the s&m ppitchfork is liftime but has tiny dropouts and is suspsion corrected so the axle to crown is pretty high

keep it, will make your bb higher. theres really no advantage to a low low fork unless you really like a low front end

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:19 Quote
connor-H wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:

keep it, will make your bb higher. theres really no advantage to a low low fork unless you really like a low front end
alright you made me wanna keep my american made stuff

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
jakkaroo wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:
jakkaroo wrote:

It depends on what your frame was built for. Be sure to check with whoever made it and find out if the frame geometry was created for a 60mm - 80mm travel fork, or 80mm - 100mm travel fork. Then make your choice. The bike will always feel and handle better with the fork height it was designed for.

For instance, I have a 24" Union Street Bike Molly Maguire. They built the frame around an 80mm travel Sherman fork. I tried running the Tech-9 XL fork and it was horrible to say the least. Front wheel tricks were fine. Trying to bunnyhop a sidewalk crack became a mission. The super low front end made the bike feel twice as long, and aside from nose tricks was almost impossible to ride.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
best fork for a Cap except rns?

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
mrblabla wrote:
best fork for a Cap except rns?

Any with the same a/c, im not sure what it is but ithink its somthing like 435mm?

check out Identiti rebates.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016972
Mobile Version of Website