-Rebound

Rock Shox Vivid 5.1 adjustments

-External ending stroke rebound
-Beginning stroke rebound
-Compression

Spring Adjust
-Preload
-Drop Stop bottom out system

Sizes: 240 x 76mm (9.5 x 3.0), 222 x 70mm (8.75 x 2.75), 216 x 63.5mm (8.5 x 2.5).

I heard on ride monkey that there will be a 267 x 90mm vivid 5.1 shock is in the making from Rock shoxWink .Obtainium Ti springs will work with Rock shox to develop Ti springs for 267mm shocks.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
zach-f wrote:
whos gives a f*ck the cane creek owns anything out there ive ridden almost everything and nothing compares to the cane creek even shocks redone by push ind. and others like them

if you want the best shock go with a cane creek and titanium spring

the cane creek is nice but, its overly retarted. you dont need all that crap especially with tht price, id rather have a dhx 5, roco, or revox all with ti springs

overly retarded?? ill admit the price is high on them but the performance has no comparison if you know how to set up your suspension, i have a revox which was good then had it revalved and the internal reworked by cr1 engineering which made it alot better but the cane creek completely stock still stands high above it

i had a dhx 5.0 before the cane creek and that was worst shock ive ridden since the vanilla rc. fox's dont hold air pressure, and they wear out fast and fade

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
zach-f wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
zach-f wrote:
whos gives a f*ck the cane creek owns anything out there ive ridden almost everything and nothing compares to the cane creek even shocks redone by push ind. and others like them

if you want the best shock go with a cane creek and titanium spring

the cane creek is nice but, its overly retarted. you dont need all that crap especially with tht price, id rather have a dhx 5, roco, or revox all with ti springs

overly retarded?? ill admit the price is high on them but the performance has no comparison if you know how to set up your suspension, i have a revox which was good then had it revalved and the internal reworked by cr1 engineering which made it alot better but the cane creek completely stock still stands high above it

i had a dhx 5.0 before the cane creek and that was worst shock ive ridden since the vanilla rc. fox's dont hold air pressure, and they wear out fast and fade

i doubt that, you just like the cane creek because you have it.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
The cane creek is in every way a bettter shock then the DHX. hands down not even a discusion. More adjustability, the adjustments are completely indepenpendent of each other, no crossover effect like on the fox. The fox is a great all around shock, but the smaal bump compliance has nothing on the cane creek. to get thats good of compliance out of the DHX you need really low boost pressure, this is where the crossover effect takes place, you run that low of boost pressure and you lose all your big hit absorption. Anyone who says the DHX is a better shock has never ridden a cane creek. And everyone in the world has ridden a DHX. Honeslty it isnt even debatable, the cane creek is built by hand for you when you order it for your weight/style/linkage ratio. The fox is jsut a mass produced shock all built the same, to get anywhere near the level of performance for your style/bike you would have to get it custom valved, but it still will lack on the cane creek.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
the only small problem with the cane creek is that with the ti spring its almost 900 dollars, if you have the money to fork out it is the best shock you can get, but it wont come cheap.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
[Quote="foxmtbing"]
zach-f wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

i had a dhx 5.0 before the cane creek an

dude i have a fox, a revox, and a cane creek... why would i be a cheerleader for the cane creek when i have all three and have used them all equally?

an avalanche dhs even whoops the shit out of the fox and is about equal with the revox with the high and low speed compression kit.. once again though it is very high in price especially with titanium.

and you said earlier yourself that you had'nt even ridden a fox dhx... how the hell would you know how good it performs... you cant test suspension by pushing on it in a bike shop.. you have to ride down a trail or race coarse to really know how it works

so it sounds to me like your "overly retarded" this post is drama get a life douche

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 5:47 Quote
[Quote="zach-f"]
foxmtbing wrote:
zach-f wrote:

i had a dhx 5.0 before the cane creek an

dude i have a fox, a revox, and a cane creek... why would i be a cheerleader for the cane creek when i have all three and have used them all equally?

an avalanche dhs even whoops the shit out of the fox and is about equal with the revox with the high and low speed compression kit.. once again though it is very high in price especially with titanium.

and you said earlier yourself that you had'nt even ridden a fox dhx... how the hell would you know how good it performs... you cant test suspension by pushing on it in a bike shop.. you have to ride down a trail or race coarse to really know how it works

so it sounds to me like your "overly retarded" this post is drama get a life douche

Why don't you go f*ck yourself. I didn't say that Cane Creek is some piece of shit. Just because I said I don't like its price doesn't mean its crap. I am sure it is great. But, I'd rather get a Roco, DHX, or Revox. And actually I do know how a Fox DHX 5.0 performs, my brother has one on his Socom and I've tested it on some rough trails (rocky east coast). And I doubt an Avalanche DHS is better than a DHX. You probably never actually got your shock adjusted or tuned the right way to your riding style (riding off curbs) thats why it probably felt like shit to you. Again, I am sure the Cane Creek is an amazing shock and is probably the easiest to set up, but I don't like the price tag. There are other shocks out there that I'd rather have.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 7:41 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
pnw is right, the dhx has more adjustablity then the vivid and iam sure its better than a vivid, although i never rode people seem to like the fox more.
fox is just more popular and is not a better shock than the vivid or even the roco for that matter. dhx 5.0's are just popular. i mean sure theyre a good shock, better than a lota ones out there but when it comes to quality, dhx does NOT take the top prize

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
pnw is right, the dhx has more adjustablity then the vivid and iam sure its better than a vivid, although i never rode people seem to like the fox more.
fox is just more popular and is not a better shock than the vivid or even the roco for that matter. dhx 5.0's are just popular. i mean sure theyre a good shock, better than a lota ones out there but when it comes to quality, dhx does NOT take the top prize

If the Fox doesn't take the prize than the Vivid isn't either. It's only been out for a year and your comparing it to one of the most popular shocks out there.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

If the Fox doesn't take the prize than the Vivid isn't either. It's only been out for a year and your comparing it to one of the most popular shocks out there.
i never said the vivid takes the prize. and moreland and other racers had been testing them for a few years. if im correct, morland and hill ride one? i know morland does and i heard hill does. anyway, CCDB does take the prize in performance, but NOT price. and yea im comparing the vivid to the dhx because ive had solid experience on both and the vivid is better. e-mail drop in zone (dropnzone.com)and theyll tell you everything on why the vivid is better

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:13 Quote
Yeah I agree that the vivid feels better on the trail, but it is not like the fox is a bad shock, just overhyped.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
Why are you comparing the Vivid to the skills of Sam Hill. It doesn't matter what shock he rides, he still kick our asses. And he only started riding the Vivid until last year because he rides for Rock Shox and thats when they came out with the vivid. Before the Vivid came out he was ripping it on a DHX 5.0.

DHX is better than the Vivid. Fox suspension feels much better than Rock Shox suspension

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
boxxerman wrote:
Yeah I agree that the vivid feels better on the trail, but it is not like the fox is a bad shock, just overhyped.
i never said it was a bad shock if you read an earlier post of mine. it is a great shock, and it is overhyped, and therefore is very popular. im just saying its not the best although many ppl think it is

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
exactly, Im glad we finally agree.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
Why are you comparing the Vivid to the skills of Sam Hill. It doesn't matter what shock he rides, he still kick our asses. And he only started riding the Vivid until last year because he rides for Rock Shox and thats when they came out with the vivid. Before the Vivid came out he was ripping it on a DHX 5.0.

DHX is better than the Vivid. Fox suspension feels much better than Rock Shox suspension
i was just sayin that eventhough its onlybeen out for a year, its had many years of prior testing. and dont talk like you own a vivid or youve had solid riding and experience on one. i doubt youve even ridden one. plus vivids are cheaper.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.072135
Mobile Version of Website