Powered by Outside

2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo setup help
Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 18:41 Quote
After I get my fork back the length of time it takes for the bushings to go will be my faith either lost or restored in Marz. Had 888 back in the day and they were bomber. To have no service resources is a huge downfall also. It is convenient having Marz Canada in Vancouver with all the parts needed there, but to possibly have to spend $300+ a year on fork maintenance is too much. My old Boxxer is looking pretty good right now. Performance I love in my Evo over the Boxxer. But if this is the cost every year no thank you.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 22:55 Quote
Jep cosmic doesnt really function properly

Posted: Feb 9, 2013 at 22:34 Quote
Ive got a 2011 888 rc3 evo ti and it's leaking oil quite fast out the bottom left side out the compression nob, anyone know why this is happening/ how to fix it

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 5:27 Quote
Ollie-J wrote:
Ive got a 2011 888 rc3 evo ti and it's leaking oil quite fast out the bottom left side out the compression nob, anyone know why this is happening/ how to fix it

Get a pair of pliers and pull down on the gold adjuster. An o-ring will come with it. Then I believe with a 17 mm socket tighten up the bottom nut.

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 10:55 Quote
japage wrote:
Ollie-J wrote:

Get a pair of pliers and pull down on the gold adjuster. An o-ring will come with it. Then I believe with a 17 mm socket tighten up the bottom nut.

And i'll be able to push it back on afterwards?

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 16:14 Quote
Ollie-J wrote:
japage wrote:
Ollie-J wrote:

And i'll be able to push it back on afterwards?

Yes you will. When the gold knob comes off there is a o-ring that comes with it. You will see the groove where the o-ring sits on the foot nut and you just push the gold adjuster knob until it is sitting nice and snug over the o-ring.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:17 Quote
Has Anyone done this whole air cap on their 2010 plus 888 ? already running a x heavy spring and heard you could use an older model air cap and add 3 psi. Where could i find one anyone know a part number etc.

I want to make my 2012 888 rc3 evo v2 with xheavy spring more stiff

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:21 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
Has Anyone done this whole air cap on their 2010 plus 888 ? already running a x heavy spring and heard you could use an older model air cap and add 3 psi. Where could i find one anyone know a part number etc.

I have heard of it being done. Do you find the fork goes through the travel too quick? another possibility is to raise the oil level on the damping side to make the fork more progressive.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
EuanBisset145 wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:

I have heard of it being done. Do you find the fork goes through the travel too quick? another possibility is to raise the oil level on the damping side to make the fork more progressive.

Yeah i heard you could add like 50cc I think i should try that first thanks!

I get the point that you want to use all of your travel without bottoming out but im going through quite a lot of my travel in the medium stuff im talking like 6-7 inches of travel through rock gardens. Maybe it should be but it seems odd to me. im about 225 geared up on xheavy steel spring.

for the sake of arguement id like to see if anyone has any info on the part.

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:32 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
EuanBisset145 wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:

Yeah i heard you could add like 50cc I think i should try that first thanks!

I get the point that you want to use all of your travel without bottoming out but im going through quite a lot of my travel in the medium stuff im talking like 6-7 inches of travel through rock gardens. Maybe it should be but it seems odd to me. im about 225 geared up on xheavy steel spring.

for the sake of arguement id like to see if anyone has any info on the part.

I had the same problem, I'm 160lbs and was on the x-firm spring too. In the end after some other stanchion coating problems I gave up and got other forks.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:39 Quote
Look at this series

Image 529 in that rockgarden you can see how compressed the fork is on not so rough stuff. there is a series of like 4 photos of me going into it. Plate 284

Look at the other riders forks also none go as deep into compression and most of us took the same line if they knew where they were going.

http://lvactionimages.com/p763924869/h588323d8#h5884caa6

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:44 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
Look at this series

Image 529 in that rockgarden you can see how compressed the fork is on not so rough stuff. there is a series of like 4 photos of me going into it. Plate 284

Look at the other riders forks also none go as deep into compression and most of us took the same line if they knew where they were going.

http://lvactionimages.com/p763924869/h588323d8#h5884caa6

Yeah that's exactly what was happening to me, seems they have very little mid travel support. Unfortunately I never got that problem sorted out. If you add more oil or extra pressure it won't change the compression damping characteristics so ultimately will be the same just harder. Maybe if you got the shimstack re-configured that would improve it but I can't be sure that's the exact cause.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:49 Quote
Guess ill save up for the new 40 air or boxxer world cup

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
It'd be worth trying the oil but I don't think it'll fix it. If you do change fork I'd consider dorados as well as 40s or boxxers.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 15:24 Quote
EuanBisset145 wrote:
It'd be worth trying the oil but I don't think it'll fix it. If you do change fork I'd consider dorados as well as 40s or boxxers.

Local shop said he can get BOS now maybe ill consider that too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 3.929624
Mobile Version of Website