Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 14:04 Quote
Sweet, we'll be in the red F150 and grey hoodie.

Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 21:50 Quote
RONDAL wrote:

Your truck has a hoodie?

But seriously folks, just got back from a ass kicking hike a bike up Prairie Mtn. Gnarly snow ride down seriously slippy slidey tripod top section and wicked fun lower section. Thanks Richard I really feel like an old man now.

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 13:20 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
RONDAL wrote:

Your truck has a hoodie?

But seriously folks, just got back from a ass kicking hike a bike up Prairie Mtn. Gnarly snow ride down seriously slippy slidey tripod top section and wicked fun lower section. Thanks Richard I really feel like an old man now.
Just how windy was it out there anyway?

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 16:11 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:
RONDAL wrote:

Your truck has a hoodie?

Just how windy was it out there anyway?

It wasn't windy at all at Moose, little snow/rain but great riding.

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 16:20 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
RONDAL wrote:

Your truck has a hoodie?

The view from the top.
The lights of Calgary from the summit of Prairie Mountai

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 19:56 Quote
dunno who on here was out today that i met, good riding with you guys.

conditions were prime. just enough snow to scare people away, leaving the tacky goodness to those who braved the first 10 feet of the trail.

jean guy and toothless were in awesome shape

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
You would think with over 1 million people in YYC, we could get more than 1000 votes over 15 days. Vote to help get funding for a bike skills park in Calgary. Last day to vote is today! You have until midnight EASTERN to get your vote in!

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf11512

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2012 at 20:29 Quote
Looks like its time to shake the frost off this thread and get ready for spring!

The 2012 MMBTS Annual General Meeting (AGM) is upon us! (Read: The best out-of-season biking related event is coming soon and you better be there!)That is right, the 2012 MMBTS AGM will be Friday, April 13, 2012 at 7:00 pm in the GSL Chev City Showroom at 1720 Bow Trail SW in Calgary. There will be information about what MMBTS accomplished last year, trails and events for this year, and of course – PRIZES. Can we guarantee a prize for everyone – well no, but it will be awesome with quite possibly the biggest prizes the MMBTS has ever given away (thanks to our sponsors). There will be big announcements not to be missed and the best bunch of people ever gathered in one spot!

Although technically, you must be a member to vote for the executive, everyone is welcome, so bring your friends and see how awesome mountain biking at Moose Mountain and Calgary can be. Come out and meet fellow riders, find out how you can help the MMBTS make your trails and community the best it can be (and don’t forget – Free beverages for all ages.)

Meet Builders and learn how to help if trail days don’t fit your schedule or you just want to be more involved.

Attention Racers: The fate of Toonie Racing will be discussed. Give your opinions and volunteer.

This will also be the first public event of the year to get your 2012 MMBTS membership and/or MMBTS clothing.

If you would like to become more involved we will have a volunteer sign up sheet (volunteers will be getting more, and exclusive prizes, this year). There will also be some changes to the MMBTS Executive. If you want to be on the executive, or would like to nominate someone else, please email info@mmbts.com and we can start the discussion.

See you at the AGM (Read: Super awesome bike get-together party) to get excited for the coming season and as always be sure to check http://www.mmbts.com for all the latest news and upcoming events.

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 6:50 Quote
Here we go again the summer of 2012 is upon us or at least some spring rippin whats up moose rippers

O+
Posted: May 9, 2012 at 7:14 Quote
ColinV wrote:
Here we go again the summer of 2012 is upon us or at least some spring rippin whats up moose rippers
Same ol buddy! Maybe do a opening day rip! You ?

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 9:37 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
ColinV wrote:
Same ol buddy! Maybe do a opening day rip! You ?
my daughter has a soccer game that night but sunday the 20th i should be there Jailbreak

O+
Posted: May 9, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
MMBTS will be having another trail day this weekend on Saturday. This week we'll be splitting up volunteers to tackle a greater range of trails in order to get the mountain ready for when the gate opens on the 15th. Work will continue on the new trail Family Guy as well with ground work beginning on the third and final section of the trail! MMBTS will be loaning out tools for the day, but your encouraged to bring your own if you have them (we ran out of pick mattocks last weekend). With 800 meters of trail built last week in a single day it's clear MMBTS is only beginning to realize its potential as a community. Strength in numbers indeed...

Meet in the Ing's Mine parking lot at 10:30am. We'll work for the day and then celebrate the start of a new season with a post trail building BBQ. Hope to see lots of you there!

http://www.mmbts.com

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 18:38 Quote
Hey,

So I am just getting back into DH, moved to SW (evergreen) Calgary from the UK in 2010 but have not done much riding for quite a few years. I was a competitive racer (average ability). i Just picked up a rig so i am ready to roll just gonna need plenty of time to get back in to it.

I do not know anyone who is into DH so hoping that i get meet up with some guys via these forums, i am willing to get out and build trails as well as ride. Heard great things about moose mountain so pretty pumped to see what it has to offer.

Thnx

Luke

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 19:03 Quote
scallhead wrote:
Hey,

So I am just getting back into DH, moved to SW (evergreen) Calgary from the UK in 2010 but have not done much riding for quite a few years. I was a competitive racer (average ability). i Just picked up a rig so i am ready to roll just gonna need plenty of time to get back in to it.

I do not know anyone who is into DH so hoping that i get meet up with some guys via these forums, i am willing to get out and build trails as well as ride. Heard great things about moose mountain so pretty pumped to see what it has to offer.

Thnx

Luke

Check out the message above yours. Come out this Saturday and meet most of the locals and build some trails.

Cheers
Doug

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 19:37 Quote
Hey, ya i am hoping to. I have a lot going on at work tom with elec & mech work, hoping all goes well otherwise it has to b completed sat Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047791
Mobile Version of Website