Powered by Outside

Danny Hart is Overrated

PB Forum :: Downhill
Danny Hart is Overrated
Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 10:22 Quote
Danny Hart has such a good style when riding, I mean seriously this guy loves the air and Gwin, he's a good rider but he never seems to be stoked on winning a race.

Also, it's not the breed of dog, it's the owner numbnuts.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:05 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I thought it was pitbulls they had problems with in the UK?

It's illogical, but it almost seems like people treat their dogs differently in the UK because loads of people have rottweillers (sp?) and pitbulls here but you never hear of them mauling people like you do in the UK...

it was and they were banned,i don't blame the dog but more the owner,buying a dog then planning a family is nuts.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:05 Quote
mr-ronton wrote:
Danny Hart has such a good style when riding, I mean seriously this guy loves the air and Gwin, he's a good rider but he never seems to be stoked on winning a race.

Also, it's not the breed of dog, it's the owner numbnuts.

Wrong some dogs are prone to jealousy.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:23 Quote
threadstarter just hadddddddd to be american, and uneducated. "with all these carbon bikes coming out, i dont think Sam can keep up". are you serious? first off, a carbon bike wont instantly give you a win,[fool] and sam rode a carbon demo at world champs and is now riding one in the austrailian nathional series.

i havent even clicked on ur profile yet to see the age of this individual, but i can only imagine, and if its not what i expect, thats even worse for you. oh and by the way, incase you havent noticed, you only hurt ur cause with this tread, jussayin !

novice

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:45 Quote
trobudden wrote:
threadstarter just hadddddddd to be american, and uneducated. "with all these carbon bikes coming out, i dont think Sam can keep up". are you serious? first off, a carbon bike wont instantly give you a win,[fool] and sam rode a carbon demo at world champs and is now riding one in the austrailian nathional series.

i havent even clicked on ur profile yet to see the age of this individual, but i can only imagine, and if its not what i expect, thats even worse for you. oh and by the way, incase you havent noticed, you only hurt ur cause with this tread, jussayin !

novice
Yup thread starter is 16 year old American Doorknob!!!!!

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:54 Quote
trobudden wrote:
sam rode a carbon demo at world champs and is now riding one in the austrailian nathional series.

The one he's riding at the Australian Nationals is alu, not carbon.

On the whole Danny Hart thing: He's definitely a good rider but he is a bit over rated.

He has only won one race and the margin by which he won is is not outstanding when you consider the other winning margins that have been put down on Champrey are all fairly similar.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 13:09 Quote
Sorry, had to stop taking you seriously when you said an 11 second margin at a world cup isn't outstanding. That's insane.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
mr-ronton wrote:

Gwin just gives the impression that its (a win) just a statistic and is looking at the bigger picture of most race wins ever or most world cups etc...

With Danny you get the feeling he just enjoys riding tbh. Much like CG,

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
me-nrj wrote:
mr-ronton wrote:

Gwin just gives the impression that its (a win) just a statistic and is looking at the bigger picture of most race wins ever or most world cups etc...

With Danny you get the feeling he just enjoys riding tbh. Much like CG,

CG is such a frigging badass. Whenever you watch him he's doing something crazy.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 14:05 Quote
Subbing to this thread for the lul'z...

To pull out a win that big on one of the steepest (and muddiest) tracks around.
Hell, the guy is the same age as me, and to win on that track, you can't help but think that people are going to talk about it... A lot.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 14:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Sorry, had to stop taking you seriously when you said an 11 second margin at a world cup isn't outstanding. That's insane.

By all means it was an amazing run but relative to other winning margins on the track in the same conditions it's not outstanding. Also consider that riders were saying that conditions for the races before the senior men's race were far worse

Senior men's gap to second: +11.699 (Danny Hart)

Junior men's gap to second: +12.188

Senior women's gap to second: +15.291

Junior women's gap to second: +14.457

Sam Hill's Qualifier in 2007 gap to second: +14 or so seconds

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
butters12 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

By all means it was an amazing run but relative to other winning margins on the track in the same conditions it's not outstanding. Also consider that riders were saying that conditions for the races before the senior men's race were far worse

Senior men's gap to second: +11.699 (Danny Hart) - 3:41.989

Junior men's gap to second: +12.188 - 3:51.503

Senior women's gap to second: +15.291 - 4:54.012

Junior women's gap to second: +14.457 - 5:11.545

Sam Hill's Qualifier in 2007 gap to second: +14 or so seconds

My bold. Those are the finish times. He was THE fastest rider on the track. As well as putting 11 seconds between him and second place.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 16:42 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
I love how this thread went from Danny hart to dogs with one comment.!

But you cant say Danny Hart is overrated at all.
Does anyone remember the americans couldnt stop saying "Gwinning", pffft and you think Hart is overrated ..Not one person made a thread about Gwin being overrated.

I feel alot of jealousy or hate came into the making of this post.

Danny hart prevailed on the toughest track in the think mud of champery by 11 seconds.Its not that he won that made it interesting its the way he did it.He won by 11 seconds.Got low as f*ck in the corners and threw a huge whip at the end,That is why his run is talked about so much.Because it was EPIC!

No one made a thread about Gwin being overrated because he won the most races in a season of all time...

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 23:12 Quote
Could we just leave it at there both not over rated? Dead Horse

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 23:24 Quote
likeomg wrote:
Could we just leave it at there both not over rated? Dead Horse

NEVER CONFORM. haha jk but idk it's clear everyone has their own opinion and I'm the minority. that's fine, I'm not denying Danny Hart is an excellent rider, I just don't think he's as good as everyone has made him out to be.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050744
Mobile Version of Website