Powered by Outside

Who do you think is the best slopestyle rider?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Who do you think is the best slopestyle rider?
O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 23:24 Quote
(this will sound cocky but w/e)
basically this is how it breaks down
andreu has the skill has the style but he's not the best cuz he sketchy no way around it he's basically teh bender of dirt jumping he throws down hard and has a massive bag of tricks but lacks consistency. he's also not comfterable on teh big stuff yet, final run of crankworx he had an awsome run together he gets to teh gapitron and he throws a half ass table.
guys like b-cloth may have a comparibly small bag of tricks but he's consitent and everything he lands he lands with style.
boyko takes all teh bmx stuff throws it down on a mtb has an awsome work ethic and throws down on teh big stuff so he's a strong contender.
mccaul and bas are really about the same the both have massive tech ability and they can both throw down on the big stuff but bas had a bad season whiel mccaul did pretty damn well.
zink also had a crappy season and might not be able to comeback with his knee issues. but the zink of 06 was pretty damn amazing. mcdermott and watts both have the same problem they lack consistency and teh ability to throw down on big stuff they also don't do that many contest why ?? not sure. strait has a large ballsy flowy style and more versatility than most riders yet lacks teh flip.
(what is it with specialized riders and not b-flipping (yes i know strait can do it but he never does.)
for my money u gotta be consistent, stylie, versatile and have the trick bag.
it really also depends which day of teh week it is.
so with that it's a toss up.
andreu has the tricks
b-cloth and boyko can throw down on anything (and there home grown b.c. pride lol)
but for my money it's gotta be bas, mccaul, or strait.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 23:54 Quote
g-off7 wrote:
(this will sound cocky but w/e)
basically this is how it breaks down
andreu has the skill has the style but he's not the best cuz he sketchy no way around it he's basically teh bender of dirt jumping he throws down hard and has a massive bag of tricks but lacks consistency. he's also not comfterable on teh big stuff yet, final run of crankworx he had an awsome run together he gets to teh gapitron and he throws a half ass table.
guys like b-cloth may have a comparibly small bag of tricks but he's consitent and everything he lands he lands with style.
boyko takes all teh bmx stuff throws it down on a mtb has an awsome work ethic and throws down on teh big stuff so he's a strong contender.
mccaul and bas are really about the same the both have massive tech ability and they can both throw down on the big stuff but bas had a bad season whiel mccaul did pretty damn well.
zink also had a crappy season and might not be able to comeback with his knee issues. but the zink of 06 was pretty damn amazing. mcdermott and watts both have the same problem they lack consistency and teh ability to throw down on big stuff they also don't do that many contest why ?? not sure. strait has a large ballsy flowy style and more versatility than most riders yet lacks teh flip.
(what is it with specialized riders and not b-flipping (yes i know strait can do it but he never does.)
for my money u gotta be consistent, stylie, versatile and have the trick bag.
it really also depends which day of teh week it is.
so with that it's a toss up.
andreu has the tricks
b-cloth and boyko can throw down on anything (and there home grown b.c. pride lol)
but for my money it's gotta be bas, mccaul, or strait.
I'll agree with that. Claw does what he does huge and consistently. Boyko has a killer work ethic. McCaul's run at the Bearclaw blew my effin mind.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 0:32 Quote
Cam, Boyko, Claw, Bass, Adreau- Im really impressed with his riding seems super smooth when he's on, massive tricks too.

Kyle was like the top of the list, and apparently the highest paid Rider, but I haven't seen too much from him, saw him at claworx and he rode well but not incredibly well

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 1:44 Quote
RJStuffy wrote:
well i rekon theres heaps of good freeriders so its hard for me to choose, but if i had to choose the best i would either say Andreu Lacondeguy, that guy is doing some crazy stuff like double backflips and superman backflips, Ben Boyko, his 360 and can drop in CKD was awesome or Cam McCaul his backflips are so dialed they look amazing and his backfilp over the gap in NWD 8 is insane!
hell yea

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 7:59 Quote
theres a rider called darren pojko or something, i think hes good. i look up to all park riders because i ride park and its not often you see mtb park riders that are really good

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 19:31 Quote
Darren Pokoj, he's got the best dumped 3's. Although after watching NWD8 and seeing that massive dumped 3 that Bourdon surprisingly pulls out, I was pretty surprised. All the same I think the top slopestyle riders are still Berrecloth, Paul Bas, Kyle Strait, Cam McCaul and Cam Zink. Andreu has the potential if he gets consistent.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 23:00 Quote
Anyone know how much the top paid mountain bikers make. Not Just contest money which was only a lot at the quashi challenges, but how much they get payed by thier sponcers to ride for for a season.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 23:47 Quote
cdavis wrote:
Darren Pokoj, he's got the best dumped 3's. Although after watching NWD8 and seeing that massive dumped 3 that Bourdon surprisingly pulls out, I was pretty surprised. All the same I think the top slopestyle riders are still Berrecloth, Paul Bas, Kyle Strait, Cam McCaul and Cam Zink. Andreu has the potential if he gets consistent.
NWD8 is sick! the amount the riding has improved since nwd7 is scary,i think its more of a flat spin what robbie bourdon did. aundrai lecondeguy's part is amazing!

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 17:54 Quote
Andreu Lacondeguy Cam McCaul or Paul Bass

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
camt2143 wrote:
Andreu Lacondeguy Cam McCaul or Paul Bass

i mostly agree with you here.

however, i'm seeing the same thing that cam mccaul talked about--the urban contest style. a bunch of riders weren't too stoked on the qashqai events, because it was more bmx than mtb. i think a bigger event, like the adidas slopestyle, would be amazing.

its no coincidence, i think, that andreu lacondeguy has been gatting famous as the courses have been gvetting more bmx-like...he's an awesome jumper, great style, but simply put he's got nothing on big hucks, whereas on the big drops, boyko and berrecloth are destroying it with 3's and nocans and stuff.

so to sum up, on today's comps, no reason to bet against mccaul, berrecloth (he did win qashqia overall), or lacondeguy. but if comps were more back to mtb, still with tricks, but bigger stuff, berrecloth and boyko would just clean up, the guys are on their own level for 360's

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
paul b, cam mcaul or lagadaguy

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 18:25 Quote
You are 110% right...Could you imagine lacondeguy attemting to beat bearclaw at a rampage type event. Bearclaw would completly RAPE him there..but Lacondeguy has a FAR bigger bag of tricks when it comes to dirtjumping.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 18:37 Quote
Boyko OWNED Crankworx which is the gnarliest event of 07.
He was super dialed and consistant. In Smackdown he went big, shred-ed the trails, and had a big bag of trix....

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 18:38 Quote
theFSA wrote:
ANDREU LACONDEGUY

Have yet to see him through anything impressive off a drop. Hes THE dirtjump machine of the big guns though...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028921
Mobile Version of Website