mustardman525 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
I have 100 in the mail!
oh wasnt counting the ones in the mail........ in that case i have 651

Oh and I have 1549 in storage.
dang you have alot of bikes!!
you got me beat lol lol

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
i went into a bike shop in ottawa and asked for a lizard skins chainstay protector and the dumbass comes out with an e13 chainguide

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
jeff2285 wrote:
i went into a bike shop in ottawa and asked for a lizard skins chainstay protector and the dumbass comes out with an e13 chainguide

thats just f*cking hilarious.

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 18:12 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
jeff2285 wrote:

thats just f*cking hilarious.
yeah i just walked out n went to orleans cycle

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
that is funny but marketing at its best.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 14:48 Quote
i went to a quite well known bike store in the uk and asked about the forks on a kona stuff, the guy asked me what forks where ...

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
1) I hate it when they ignore you when you walk in.
2) You ask for a part and they say that it will be a week or two before they get it in.
3) They always charge you like £10 to fit a brake cable!
4) they think there the best riders around!

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 18:18 Quote
xrolox wrote:
i went to a quite well known bike store in the uk and asked about the forks on a kona stuff, the guy asked me what forks where ...

lol thats hilarious.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
I hate how they scratch the shit out your bike/parts when you get something serviced.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
Truvativ21 wrote:
I hate how they scratch the shit out your bike/parts when you get something serviced.

Sounds like you need to start going to a new shop.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:41 Quote
I really like my bike shop. the owner is really cool and he lets all of the biker kids hang out there and use his tools and workspaces and watch biking movies and tv on the t.v.
but i was at costco one time and i was looking at video games and stuff and i walked by the bikes and i noticed that they had put the front wheel on backwards on one of the bikes so the rotor was on the opposite side of the calipher. lol

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
As an employee at a bike shop, if you know your stuff, thats how you're going to get the most help from us. And believe it or not-there are people out there who overpay for stuff (like those saint cranks) all the time, so why not try to get away with it? Most shop employees are knowledgabe and like to talk to fellow riders who also know a lot. There are some customers who I like, and when they come in my day actually gets better. Respect is a 2-way street.

As an employee at a bike shop, I ask ALL of you to forget the first sentence of this post. The amount of information a customer has when he/she walks through the door is COMPLETELY irrelevant in my opinion. If you know nothing about bikes and you come talk to me, Ill probably figure out within the first 30 seconds how much you know about the sport. If you dont know ANYTHING, I'll ask you straight up, how far are you wanting to go in the sport? How into this do you think you'll go?

Most bike shops treat the low end customers like shit because to us, its no fun talking about Alivio cranks and dérailleurs. By treating these low end customers like gold, you get reputation and followers who love their bike because of the service YOU back it up with.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:47 Quote
smilmick wrote:
As an employee at a bike shop, I ask ALL of you to forget the first sentence of this post. The amount of information a customer has when he/she walks through the door is COMPLETELY irrelevant in my opinion. If you know nothing about bikes and you come talk to me, Ill probably figure out within the first 30 seconds how much you know about the sport. If you dont know ANYTHING, I'll ask you straight up, how far are you wanting to go in the sport? How into this do you think you'll go?

Most bike shops treat the low end customers like shit because to us, its no fun talking about Alivio cranks and dérailleurs. By treating these low end customers like gold, you get reputation and followers who love their bike because of the service YOU back it up with.

You can't begin to tell me that you treat the old man who needs the alivio shifter on his hybrid bike the exact same as the kid who needs to order a set of deemax's for his demo 9. Even if you aren't conscious of it, you will gravitate toward to riders you are more familiar with and more like. It's human nature. I'm not saying treat the people who don't know about bikes like crap, but every shop employee likes to deal with people who know what they are talking about.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
Truvativ21 wrote:

Sounds like you need to start going to a new shop.

It's the same thing at both of my local bike shops. Madder

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
ok well this is what i did!

went too my shop
said "can u put my forks onto my bike please cos i need a new hub ?" he says
"yh thats £30 " so i went brilliant thx alot!

so when we come pick it up he says
ok new hub and fitting thats £130 then please"
so i said what?

he said "£30 for the hub plus fitting charge £100" so i was like wtf??
and got grounded cos dad had to pay £130

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027821
Mobile Version of Website