Powered by Outside

Cyclecross Info & Discussion

PB Forum :: 29ers
Cyclecross Info & Discussion
Posted: Jan 6, 2015 at 12:24 Quote
ptmatty wrote:
hey guys,

I currently have a 29er Cross Country Bike, but am thinking of doing the Coast to Coast off road and some road cycling with my mate who has a touring bike. Could anyone recommend a good cyclocross tyre that reduces rolling friction whilst on the tarmac but still with plenty of 'side-grip' for the rough stuff on the bridle ways/singletrack.

So far the best I have found is the 'Schwalbe Land Cruiser' but have found limited stockists of it in a 29" size.

any tips or links would be grand.

cheers,

PtMatty

schwalbe furious fred 29x2.00

id also look into a rigid fork, surly makes a nice steel one. spec and whiskey make nice carbon ones

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
Anyone have experience with the 2016 Trek Boone RSL? Got my eye on one fairly cheap.

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 at 11:11 Quote
ethierjung wrote:
Anyone have experience with the 2016 Trek Boone RSL? Got my eye on one fairly cheap.

I'm sure you've made a decision by now (hopefully you got the Boone) but these are awesome bikes. I've been very impressed with the Boone and would highly recommend it.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2017 at 11:31 Quote
sevendaysaweek wrote:
ethierjung wrote:

I'm sure you've made a decision by now (hopefully you got the Boone) but these are awesome bikes. I've been very impressed with the Boone and would highly recommend it.

Yes, I picked it up for $1500 in near new condition. I am enjoying it. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 20:42 Quote
ethierjung wrote:
Yes, I picked it up for $1500 in near new condition. I am enjoying it. Thanks.

That's a screaming deal. I built up a creamsicle orange frame with Sram CX1 for last season and love it. Absolute believer in the IsoSpeed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036686
Mobile Version of Website