Powered by Outside

The Zerode Thread.

PB Forum :: Other
The Zerode Thread.
FL
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
I've managed to loose a chain a couple of times in particularly rough/rooty sections. Anyone have any recommendations for fixes they've found?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
MorganBH wrote:
I've managed to loose a chain a couple of times in particularly rough/rooty sections. Anyone have any recommendations for fixes they've found?

Never had that problem eh. Reckon there’s enough tension in that...err...tensioner? Maybe the spring doesn’t have enough room to give under compression? Maybe post up a photo of it.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
MorganBH wrote:

Does your rear mech have a clutch..? if so is it engaged..if it's not, that could be your problem.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
MorganBH wrote:

Does your rear mech have a clutch..? if so is it engaged..if it's not, that could be your problem.

this is the zerode thread.. no rear mechs to be found here haha

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
Anyone backing this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1769923126/cinq-shift-r-for-pinion

Also, would anyone be interested in a carbon crank option?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Anyone backing this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1769923126/cinq-shift-r-for-pinion

Also, would anyone be interested in a carbon crank option?

I really want those shifters but not for that price. carbon cranks would be awesome. planning on machining a custom set of cranks for my taniwha

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
ktm87 wrote:

carbon cranks would be awesome. planning on machining a custom set of cranks for my taniwha

a little teaser...

carbon cranks

FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
Wow $350 for shifter...I could probably get a one off machined for that....hmmmmm

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
Not just a shifter though, is it. It’s two, then there’s the mechanism to make them work with the rotary nature of the gearbox’s gear selector.

But you go ahead, I’m sure it’ll be easy. That’s why It’s only taken 6 years for a production model to come to light.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
How my taniwha is currently sitting
photo

G1 29er im working on next

photo

Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
How my taniwha is currently sitting
photo

G1 29er im working on next

photo

Why did you go with a G1? The G2 is lower, shorter travel, lighter etc.....Plus the angles are a bit more aggressive.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
got the front triangle for next to nothing. machining everything else myself. more of just a project then my full time downhill sled. For now my taniwha covers dh for me very well until zerode comes out with a new downhill bike.

FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
coney wrote:
MorganBH wrote:

Never had that problem eh. Reckon there’s enough tension in that...err...tensioner? Maybe the spring doesn’t have enough room to give under compression? Maybe post up a photo of it.

Turned out they had forgotten to add the third hole in the tensioner, so there wasn't enough tension. I added a third hole and haven't dropped a chain since.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
MorganBH wrote:
coney wrote:
MorganBH wrote:

Turned out they had forgotten to add the third hole in the tensioner, so there wasn't enough tension. I added a third hole and haven't dropped a chain since.

Beautiful. I find mine squeals like a stuck pig after a while if there’s too much tension, but some wax lube sorts me out after working it’s way into the coil over 30 minutes riding. It’s an interesting component, I keep wondering if there are alternatives...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.228131
Mobile Version of Website