Powered by Outside

24" Dirt Jump Frame

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
24" Dirt Jump Frame
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
RJC91 wrote:
Dont listen to them those frames all suck balls if u want the straight up best DJ 24" and 26" compatible DJ Frame (good for street also) then get The Dobermann Pinscher . I also have reasons backing this up

2008 is there 4th year in a Row making products now. but thats nothing special. This is - They have the following:
Shortest Chain stays on the market ( 365 mm ) if u get the 2008 frame. The Lightest Frame Out There (5.5 pounds)(yup thats it)most frames are around 7.5 - 9 pounds. Also Best / Most colour choices. What can i say get a Dobermann Pinscher or a waste of metal . No further questions
The new fallguys weigh 4.8 pounds and they are the sickest 24 frames ever built, dont get me wrong dobs are very nice but when it comes too 24s the fallguy is the way too go.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
I think i'm getting an NS Suburban, what BB does it have?

also, should i get the 08 or wait for about 6 months and get an 09?

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
DJDude93 wrote:
I think i'm getting an NS Suburban, what BB does it have?

also, should i get the 08 or wait for about 6 months and get an 09?

sub has a euro/mtb bb. not sure about waiting for an 09. just get an o8 and when the 09 comes out try and crack your frame as you get crash replacement lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
cheataattack wrote:
RJC91 wrote:
Dont listen to them those frames all suck balls if u want the straight up best DJ 24" and 26" compatible DJ Frame (good for street also) then get The Dobermann Pinscher . I also have reasons backing this up

2008 is there 4th year in a Row making products now. but thats nothing special. This is - They have the following:
Shortest Chain stays on the market ( 365 mm ) if u get the 2008 frame. The Lightest Frame Out There (5.5 pounds)(yup thats it)most frames are around 7.5 - 9 pounds. Also Best / Most colour choices. What can i say get a Dobermann Pinscher or a waste of metal . No further questions
The new fallguys weigh 4.8 pounds and they are the sickest 24 frames ever built, dont get me wrong dobs are very nice but when it comes too 24s the fallguy is the way too go.

dobs are def not the lightest dj frames. there are steel frames that weigh less eg. sub, fall guy, samoon etc... and not to mention lots of ti and alu frames that weigh less
and who cares if it has 365mm chainstays, my sub has 375 and i wouldnt want it any shorter. they are nice frames but dont get all religious about them. the fallguy is nice too

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
cheataattack wrote:
RJC91 wrote:

dobs are def not the lightest dj frames. there are steel frames that weigh less eg. sub, fall guy, samoon etc... and not to mention lots of ti and alu frames that weigh less
and who cares if it has 365mm chainstays, my sub has 375 and i wouldnt want it any shorter. they are nice frames but dont get all religious about them. the fallguy is nice too

i'd like to add that the pinscher's base price is 525... and if you want a colour other than khaki or burgandy, it's 75 extra... bringing the base price basically to 600.

my suburban was 450+tax=509... weighs 5.3 pounds, and up to 2.4" tire clearance (holy rollers).

that said, dobermann's warranty is better, pinschers are probably quite a bit stronger, and the geo is subjectively better if you ride skatepark and street. not so much for dirt jumps and 4x, although you can simply get used to the geo.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
p60kiz wrote:
p60 is lighter by alot than the slacker not sure on ns though only one round here is a bitch o and a capital

suburban is lighter than the p60. p60s look nice but ive heard bad things about the dropouts, apparently they twist really easily from doing 360s and landing a little heavy
only the brake bit which is being replaced for free if you ask but being brakless on em is mint it rides so smooth

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
does anyone have any pics of the green and yellow suburban? i cant decide which one to get.

also, at the moment i have a spanish BB and bmx cranks. if i get a euro BB, my cranks wont fit into that BB will they?

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
DJDude93 wrote:
does anyone have any pics of the green and yellow suburban? i cant decide which one to get.

also, at the moment i have a spanish BB and bmx cranks. if i get a euro BB, my cranks wont fit into that BB will they?

green:
photo

bmx cranks will work with a compatible euro bb... but there are a couple of different spindle sizes (spindle diameters) like 19mm and 22(?)mm. just get the right one and it'll fit!

or the 09 majesty is, i think, basically a suburban except with a spanish bb and integrated-style headtube...

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
1 last question on the suburban, 135x10mm dropouts yeeeah?

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
RJC91 wrote:

the new NS capital 2 is listed at 4.6 Lbs. and 364mm chainstays. The 26" Suburban weighs the same at 5.5.

RJC91 wrote:
Im telling you dont listen to these guys Dobermann pinscher [...] and best colour choices these guys are saying frames that "look cool"

you're ripping people for suggesting cool looking frames when one of your main reasons to get a dob is the color choices? hahaha..

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
th dobermann pinshcer or molosse frames have a sweet geo i was riding the first version of the molosse who was a pinshcer with bmx spacing rear hubs spanish bb.... I just pick up the new version who is the molosse last saturday night and the frame is really nice drop outs are cool and lighter, and i also can slam my wheels like 3/8inch more closer to my seat post. I will post pic of my bike when i will have finish my buit up. you can see michel plonka molosse 26 on www.allaboutbikes.tk

Posted: Feb 28, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
could anyone tell me the geometry of the dmr transition 24"? chainstay lenght, top tube lenght.. thanks

Posted: Feb 28, 2010 at 16:17 Quote
lino13 wrote:
could anyone tell me the geometry of the dmr transition 24"? chainstay lenght, top tube lenght.. thanks
not sure... all i can say is its a shit frame get an ns.... really. i have owned an ns and had the 09 dmr transition 24 and bent it in a matter of 4-5 months. just stick with ns

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 3:19 Quote
caravanking wrote:
lino13 wrote:
not sure... all i can say is its a shit frame get an ns.... really. i have owned an ns and had the 09 dmr transition 24 and bent it in a matter of 4-5 months. just stick with ns
nice frames, now I think I'll get one of those instead. What do you think of the suburban 24"? looks nice

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035076
Mobile Version of Website