Powered by Outside

2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
FL
Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 15:30 Quote
The stock 32T steel ring is pretty tight to the spirit guide but I haven't actually looked to see if it can be adjusted at all. Really want to try an oval, might look at a 30T if not.

DirtyHal wrote:
map-guy wrote:
Sick build! What size oval were you able to use with the spirit guide?

It is a 32T Oval, spirit guide is not on, the shop kind of assumed it wouldn't fit I think? I'm not sure we briefly talked about it when I picked it up, I was in a rush so didn't quiz them further. I didn't get the guide before I walked out either, I'll look into it and let ya'll know if it works.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
Hey, I have the stock alloy 50 and I am considering upgrading it with a better wheelset. Can anyone comment on if this would be the best upgrade? Or if you have already upgraded your altitude what was the upgrade and how did it affect the bike?
Thanks in advance

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
Hey, I have the stock alloy 50 and I am considering upgrading it with a better wheelset. Can anyone comment on if this would be the best upgrade? Or if you have already upgraded your altitude what was the upgrade and how did it affect the bike?
Thanks in advance
I put some Flow MK3 on Hope Pro4 on my a70 straight after purchase. Quite like the upgrade. Also, I swear by Saint brakes, which I swapped over from my old bike. Those brakes were probably the best upgrade I've ever done on any of my bikes.

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
map-guy wrote:
The stock 32T steel ring is pretty tight to the spirit guide but I haven't actually looked to see if it can be adjusted at all. Really want to try an oval, might look at a 30T if not.

DirtyHal wrote:
map-guy wrote:
Sick build! What size oval were you able to use with the spirit guide?

It is a 32T Oval, spirit guide is not on, the shop kind of assumed it wouldn't fit I think? I'm not sure we briefly talked about it when I picked it up, I was in a rush so didn't quiz them further. I didn't get the guide before I walked out either, I'll look into it and let ya'll know if it works.

So I have the oneup 32T oval and found out it works with the spirit guide if you have enough spacers.

FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 8:33 Quote
Awesome to hear! Did the bike come with spacers for the spirit guide? I wouldn't know because my wife accidentally recycled the box that had all the spare bits that the bike came with. I'll never know what kind of awesome stuff was in there, or if there was a much needed volume spacer for the Fox 36 that is on a 2 month back order Madder

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
map-guy wrote:
Awesome to hear! Did the bike come with spacers for the spirit guide? I wouldn't know because my wife accidentally recycled the box that had all the spare bits that the bike came with. I'll never know what kind of awesome stuff was in there, or if there was a much needed volume spacer for the Fox 36 that is on a 2 month back order Madder

[Quote] So I have the oneup 32T oval and found out it works with the spirit guide if you have enough spacers.
[/Quote]

I think it did? I'm not sure I never saw the box. my 36 came with a handful of volume spacers? If you pay shipping I'll send you one or two? I'm happy with the way mine is riding right now.

FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 9:30 Quote
Really!? Awesome! PM'd you.

I think it did? I'm not sure I never saw the box. my 36 came with a handful of volume spacers? If you pay shipping I'll send you one or two? I'm happy with the way mine is riding right now.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 21:36 Quote
Cliff-Burton wrote:
I wanted to know the sizes of the shock hardware, thinking about putting an offset bushing in Wink

I also think the shock size is metric 210x55, right?

I'm actually curious about this too. Anyone find those sizes?

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 9:10 Quote
Any of you running a coil on your Altitude? Lets see em.

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
andrewspencer wrote:
Any of you running a coil on your Altitude? Lets see em.

I don't think anyone is really doing that yet besides the team guys. Checkout Remi or Jesse's bikes on Instagram if you want to see it though.

FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 14:28 Quote
hi all

i am thinking of buying altitude alloy 50, it looks all good about geo, spec,... but can someone compare it with strive, reign, or maybe even mondraker dune( i have this one atm)

ty for your answers

FL
Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
I have the alloy 50 but cant compare it to any of those bikes. After a the summer season on it and finally figuring out the shock pressures I can confidently say that it's a safe bet for anyone. It's probably not worth the comparison as it rides a bit different than anything else. The price for the spec, plus the updated geo and plus standards make it relevant while affordable. Everyone is saying positive things and all of the reviews have been good. I try to get a new bike every year (new or used) but I might keep this as my quiver killer and do a suspension and brake upgrade.

ViiiLu wrote:
hi all

i am thinking of buying altitude alloy 50, it looks all good about geo, spec,... but can someone compare it with strive, reign, or maybe even mondraker dune( i have this one atm)

ty for your answers

FL
Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
ty,...atm i rly like mondraker dune since its wepon to go downhill but wish for something better to go uphill, since my plane is to buy dh bike also becouse in the end this bikes are not made for 20+days in bike parks Big Grin
i will wait if someone else post more info in this forum

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
Looking to put a 170 mm fork anyone know how's the head angle will be in slack or neutral. I'm riding position 3 right now at 65.3 and have full travel ( full slack lose about 6%) love it slack I'm a good climber just got my fox x2 so stoked.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
ViiiLu wrote:
ty,...atm i rly like mondraker dune since its wepon to go downhill but wish for something better to go uphill, since my plane is to buy dh bike also becouse in the end this bikes are not made for 20+days in bike parks Big Grin
i will wait if someone else post more info in this forum
Haven't ridden the Dune or Strive, but demoed a Reign a while back and the Altitude is definitely a better climber than that. Reign felt sluggish but a fairly good descender. I'd say a Dune is probably even a better descender. The new Altitude probably compares best to the Strive. Anyhow, I really ike the Altitude and had a few bike park and shuttle days on it, too. It only feels like on the really rough DH tracks that there's something lacking (compared the the Capra I was on before that), but then again, it's more of a trail bike than a DH. Overall, if you get a DH bike anyway, I'd say the altitude is a perfect do-it-all bike for 95% of the trails you're probably going to throw at it. It's super versatile and a very fun bike to ride

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.708851
Mobile Version of Website