Powered by Outside

Bike Components Discussion - Weight, Performance, and Aesthetics

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bike Components Discussion - Weight, Performance, and Aesthetics
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 19:19 Quote
seraph wrote:
Twinclan wrote:
All the reviews say it doesn't shift as smoothly as SRAM or Shimano.

E.13 cassettes need 12-speed chains in order to shift smoothly. I run a TRS+ 9-44 on my gravel bike with an XX1 Eagle chain. Smoothest shifting ever.

So do you run a 12 speed chaining up front rhen?

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 19:36 Quote
Anything 11 speed will work fine with 12 speed. Raceface rings included

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 19:57 Quote
Twinclan wrote:
seraph wrote:
Twinclan wrote:
All the reviews say it doesn't shift as smoothly as SRAM or Shimano.

E.13 cassettes need 12-speed chains in order to shift smoothly. I run a TRS+ 9-44 on my gravel bike with an XX1 Eagle chain. Smoothest shifting ever.

So do you run a 12 speed chaining up front rhen?

Not specifically. The Wolf Tooth Drop Stop ring is 11- and 12-speed compatible.

Here's the bike that's running the E.13 cassette.
Almost done with this beauty. Sitting pretty at 16.51 lbs with an uncut post and a boat anchor Cannondale C2 alloy bar as a stand-in but also without bar tape. Should be just over 16 lbs when completed.

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
Twinclan wrote:
Anyone running the new GX Eagle groupset?
Good, bad, worth switching from a 1x11 10-42?

There's an 11 speed 11-50 cassette available as another option.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 7:48 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Twinclan wrote:

Who makes that, and is compatible with the XD Driver?

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 8:04 Quote
Is that just the normal Eagle black chain? Prob going to run an NX rd with that chain and the 9-44 e13 cassette for shits. Deciding between the OneUp 104 bcd chainring or the renthal

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 10:10 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
Is that just the normal Eagle black chain? Prob going to run an NX rd with that chain and the 9-44 e13 cassette for shits. Deciding between the OneUp 104 bcd chainring or the renthal

Yeah it's an Eagle XX1 chain. It has to do until KMC releases their X12SL DLC.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 10:15 Quote
My experience has always been hit or miss with KMC. I had a 10 speed chain on a surly instigator that lasted like 1200 miles (according to a rolof chain checker), but then some of the OEM 11 speed chains I've gotten have broken in the first ride (specifically on specialized bikes). Always wanted to try one of the DLC chains, they look the business.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
Twinclan wrote:

Garbaruk do an 11-50 11 speed cassette compatible with shimano and a 10-50 cassette compatible with the XD driver. They also do smaller range cassettes.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
Well the minute you mentioned specialized you got a problem

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
My experience has always been hit or miss with KMC. I had a 10 speed chain on a surly instigator that lasted like 1200 miles (according to a rolof chain checker), but then some of the OEM 11 speed chains I've gotten have broken in the first ride (specifically on specialized bikes). Always wanted to try one of the DLC chains, they look the business.

I run their regular X11SL on my Spark with an XT 11-46 cassette with no issues. I also ran an X11SL DLC black/green chain on my Stache with an X01 10-42 cassette, again no issues. I ran a straight black X11SL DLC chain on my Ticket S with an X01 DH 10-24 7-speed cassette and it was mint. So I've had good luck with them so far.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 12:33 Quote
Good to know, they seem to make a nice product. Anyone tried the bontrager drop line post? cheap and cheerful?

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 22:12 Quote
Twinclan wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Twinclan wrote:

Both Sunrace and Garbaruk have them. You'll have to look into the freehub options they offer.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 0:30 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
Good to know, they seem to make a nice product. Anyone tried the bontrager drop line post? cheap and cheerful?

Not me. But I will say that at the lower end of the dropper post market the cost comes at the expense of poor manufacturing tolerances, in a component that demands accuracy in manufacturing. Sending back a Brand X dropper for warranty for excessive play after one ride sometime this week. Spend as much as you can, it's not worth the hassle.

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 7:33 Quote
Sold a ton of the bonty posts with no issues. If it shits the bed it's a $60 cartridge and the have a decent lever. You buy!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022972
Mobile Version of Website