Powered by Outside

GT Chucker? what do ya recon?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
GT Chucker? what do ya recon?
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
I know what you are trying to get. iv spent £90 on rigid forks as i love em and they are nice and smooth it ligtens the bike

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
bigbluebike wrote:
alistair14 wrote:

how do u know , ever had one?
if not, just stop guessing for christ sake

True, I ride around on my 05 trek bruiser, my mates think its shit jumping and feels naff, but I love it, can really throw it around.

The Gt Chucker, admittedly, is not the greatest bike in the world, but if you have just started out you had probably never heard of commencal or dmr- I know I hadn't. Hell, i was even considering buying a gt when i first started out. Yes the componets are pretty shoddy, but do you expect top fot he line components on a £300 bike? The commencal has shit rims, not great cranks, home brand bars and stem, and v brakes. Its a £300 bike yes, but you would have to put another £150 to put discs and forks on it to make into an all round bike, which the chucker is. Its an all round, cheap, starter bike, that people just starting out can use for pretty much anything.

dissagreed

v breaks set up properly are better than mechanical disks
the wheels on the max max are better than what comes on the chucker
and the chucker isnt an all round bike the forks seize up instantly so you may aswell just ride ridgids anyway.
the max max is a hell of alot better to start on or build around.
and no offence intended but the reason you like your bike is because you havnt owned a better bike and gotten used to it.

v brakes don't have modulation- the whole point of discs.
neither of the rims are that great, the chucker has double wall jalco (shit) and the commencal has alexrims (also shit)
yes admittedly the commencal is better to build around, but most beginners want to start on soemthign that will do everything, not just dj and street.

Its not about the bike anyway, its how you ride it....Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
bigbluebike wrote:

True, I ride around on my 05 trek bruiser, my mates think its shit jumping and feels naff, but I love it, can really throw it around.

The Gt Chucker, admittedly, is not the greatest bike in the world, but if you have just started out you had probably never heard of commencal or dmr- I know I hadn't. Hell, i was even considering buying a gt when i first started out. Yes the componets are pretty shoddy, but do you expect top fot he line components on a £300 bike? The commencal has shit rims, not great cranks, home brand bars and stem, and v brakes. Its a £300 bike yes, but you would have to put another £150 to put discs and forks on it to make into an all round bike, which the chucker is. Its an all round, cheap, starter bike, that people just starting out can use for pretty much anything.

dissagreed

and the chucker isnt an all round bike the forks seize up instantly so you may aswell just ride ridgids anyway.
and no offence intended but the reason you like your bike is because you havnt owned a better bike and gotten used to it.

neither of the rims are that great, the chucker has double wall jalco (shit) and the commencal has alexrims (also shit)
yes admittedly the commencal is better to build around, but most beginners want to start on soemthign that will do everything, not just dj and street.

Its not about the bike anyway, its how you ride it....Rolleyes

the last bit is true Beer

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:

dissagreed

and no offence intended but the reason you like your bike is because you havnt owned a better bike and gotten used to it.[/Quote]

Its not about the bike anyway, its how you ride it....Rolleyes [/Quote]

the last bit is true Beer [/Quote]

Mine can't be that bad anyway, cam mccaul rocks it in roam, can't be that bad geo Razz

tbh though, if I were to go back and buy my first bike again and start over, I would have gone for the max max- DAMN that thing looks sick for 09.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 4:16 Quote
Hehehe...you threw you Gt chucker in the skip? Thats a shame because i just sold my stock Gt chucker 2.0 that i had in my shed after i built it up and put new cables on for £200...:/

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 4:27 Quote
its alright if youre starting out riding

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 4:30 Quote
Fullsussersrock wrote:
Hehehe...you threw you Gt chucker in the skip? Thats a shame because i just sold my stock Gt chucker 2.0 that i had in my shed after i built it up and put new cables on for £200...:/

the frame was cracked i couldnt sell it lol

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 5:10 Quote
photo

Heres mine after an XC race bit muddy though

photo

And afew months ago, its had some new parts since then

solid bike and has served me well

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
photo

yh gt chucker all ther way they are good bikes
i have a gt tempest 1.0 it rides amazing Big Grin

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
I have a GT Tempest 3 and i can tell you its not as bad as people say it is. The forks have stayed pretty plush and it has been a good bike to start on.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
JamesGTBrown wrote:
photo

photo

nice bike mate i have jst braught a gt tempest 1.0 off my mate nd i want some 130mm forks for it Smile

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
jordanH2999 wrote:
JamesGTBrown wrote:
photo

photo

nice bike mate i have jst braught a gt tempest 1.0 off my mate nd i want some 130mm forks for it Smile

Cool they ride ok with 130s it just takes a while to adjust, i wouldnt recomend DJ with them but i used to do alot of FR and DH on my tempest and it was ideal

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
Facepalm
oh dear
what u oh dearing at ????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 3.035781
Mobile Version of Website