Powered by Outside

Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
Posted: May 9, 2008 at 5:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
bmxracer62 wrote:

fingers on the levers, im not pulling them, dual fingers is for when i dont have the strength to pull tight enough with one finger, like towards the end of a 4 minute dh run thats worked you the whole way

Do some hand and forearm exercises. That'll cure that pump.

Larger diameter grips help, I find.

yea, i do run ruffians and there pretty skinny, and i do try to have levers closer in to aviod stretching those fingers

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 5:05 Quote
iv always got my fingers on my brakes all the time, iv never really thought about it , its just normal for me, i only have it on the back brake tho , i think lmao

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
This will go against what most have said, but it's how it is for me: fist the bars! Fingers off the breaks means you're going faster and bigger.I try to make myself stay off the brakes as much as possible, or else I tend to do little brake checks that always turn out to be stupid and caused by fear. And no offense, but the idea that it takes too long to get on the brakes if you don't keep your finger there is bogus.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 5:23 Quote
i dont have brakes...

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 5:23 Quote
though this is a dirt and street forum there quite a few dhers on here too hense the front andrear braking and split second reactions, this calls for fingers on the lever at all times

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
exetertim wrote:
I run my levers in specific positions and i hate bikes that dont have them that way.

I have them so that i have my first finger on them only, and in the best position of the lever, and the lever is at a specific angle so that i dont loose very much grip with my finger on the brakes.

I know that i shouldn't becuse if things go sketch, you immediately want to brake, which you shouldn't because chances are it will make you fall off. So now, when downhilling i try and focus on taking my fingers off of the brakes until i need them.

hypocrite.

explain?

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
do you like getting handjobs?...

do you like giving handjobs?...

(to flowlikenike)

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
exetertim wrote:
flowlikenike wrote:
exetertim wrote:
I run my levers in specific positions and i hate bikes that dont have them that way.

I have them so that i have my first finger on them only, and in the best position of the lever, and the lever is at a specific angle so that i dont loose very much grip with my finger on the brakes.

I know that i shouldn't becuse if things go sketch, you immediately want to brake, which you shouldn't because chances are it will make you fall off. So now, when downhilling i try and focus on taking my fingers off of the brakes until i need them.

hypocrite.

explain?

Earlier in the thread you said you thought anyone who rode without their fingers on their brakes was stupid, but then you said that you are going to try it.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
exetertim wrote:
flowlikenike wrote:

hypocrite.

explain?

Earlier in the thread you said you thought anyone who rode without their fingers on their brakes was stupid, but then you said that you are going to try it.

I was saying about just riding casually, and people that dont cover brakes when starting out is stupid.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
so your saying its just stupid for beginners?

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
exetertim wrote:
flowlikenike wrote:
exetertim wrote:

explain?

I was saying about just riding casually, and people that dont cover brakes when starting out is stupid.
oi ive been goin bout 6 months i dont cover the brakes unless its like a long technical dh run and on jumps i fist the bars its pretty easy to quikly grab the brake...

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
so your saying its just stupid for beginners?

beginners should always cover the brakes, i'm always gonna cover the brakes for dj, but i'm trying to get off them for dh.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
this doesn't make sense to me, i would cover the brakes for dh, but not for dirt jumping. well, what ever feels good and safe.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
flowlikenike you never answered my question...

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
I usually have 1-2 fingers on the brake most of the time

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022434
Mobile Version of Website