Powered by Outside

How to take good cellphone pics (please read, I swear it will help)

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
How to take good cellphone pics (please read, I swear it will help)
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 13:27 Quote
photo

iPhone 5s and some editing

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 6:03 Quote
Really great photo dude, have you edited it by photoshop or something else?

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 0:20 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
"Sorry for the bad quality cellphone pics"

This is a phrase heard all too often in these forums. The truth is, cell phone pics need not be so bad. The Achilles' heel of the cameraphone is the small image sensor (in most cases, a CCD). This gives the camera awful low light sensitivity. A great workaround of this is to take your pics outside whenever possible. You will get optimal results in the late morning or afternoon (right before sunset works well too).

Place your bike/whatever you're taking a pic of so that the sun is shining onto it. Then grab your phone and take some pics from various angles and choose the best ones. Delete the rest

Another helpful tip is to use 2 hands whenever possible. This will eliminate a lot of the blurriness found in many photos

Below are a few examples of pics I took with a cameraphone (as well as a few by Hummeroid)
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

example of bad photo

Notice how in the last pic, how when attempting to take a shot against the sun, the picture quality drops dramatically. This is also true if you're stuck taking a pic while indoors. Avoid backlights at all costs, they steal the focus and wash out colors. Also try to avoid concentrated light as much as possible (e.g. reflections and clearings in shadows)

If you follow these pics, you can make even the shittiest cameraphone take tasteful pictures
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-226.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v64/111/68/633435226/n633435226_184217_5509.jpg
Even in the crappy pic above, the lighting was done well, so the colors are captured quite accurately

If you have any other tips, feel free to post them
Also, post your own cellphone pics

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050298
Mobile Version of Website