Powered by Outside

What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)

PB Forum :: Beginners
What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
my parents bought a bike shop. that and drop in

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
started by building a jump at age 4 then it went from there tup then i beat the wind outa myself when i crashed Cry

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
not to sound like a douche but me
Jojojof wrote:
patrick28 wrote:
i was at my friends house and he was already into biking and had rented some red bull rampage dvd's and i decided to start biking as soon as i watched them

whos better now u or him

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
I just saw Red Bull Rampage when I was about 11, and from then on, all I've done is ride bikes, and now I want to start DH.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
watched a bunch of sick youtube vids and started bmx, which led to downhill

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
streetking77 wrote:
i bike
holy shit dicks batman me to...HOW f*ckING WEIRDBatman

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
biking is cool, i just bought the new 2009 Supercycle Demon ,
it rides Great!!!!! And it only cost me 250 bucks
I suggest it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 23:24 Quote
streetking77 wrote:
biking is cool, i just bought the new 2009 Supercycle Demon ,
it rides Great!!!!! And it only cost me 250 bucks
I suggest it.

OH MY GOD. IS THAT THE NEW DOWNHILL BIKE FROM SUPERCYCLE?! I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT IT!!! I MUST OWN ONE!!!! Eek

It will make me ride like Steve Peat, Sam Hill and Cedric Gracia all rolled up into one person. Cool Cool

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
Looking for jobs, I applied at my lbs, and what do you know a couple months later they gave me a call. Started learning bike mechanics over a few years, got some sick deals, realized I loved mtb, and the rest is history. Big Grin

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 23:45 Quote
when i was like 11 or so i remember riding some really small jumps, like 1 ft apart and the rest were just rollers. i had some crappy walmart bike. i enjoyed that spot but the bikes kept breaking and i kept returning them.

so then i got another bike at a real bike shop for about 200 dollars haha. that was when i was 12 i think for my b-day and them v brakes really impressed me. but still i didnt have the bike to move up any more than those stupid rollers and crappy skatepark so eventually i got sick of doing the same thing every day. that was only about 2 mts i think

then a couple yrs later i tried a haro x6 and really loved it cause 6 inches was a lot of travel to me then, nicest bike i ever tried. and i wanted it so bad but nvr got it.

eventually got a so-so starter bike about as good as the x6 maybe a little worse id say and started from there. i got that when i was 15 and worked through the buy/sell process till i ended up with my current rig... total of about 7mts since i got the first starter bike i think. not bad huh look in my pics

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 23:53 Quote
What made me start was that I got this new bike and I really liked it. I started searchiing on youtube and really thought what they were doing was cool. Then I went riding with some friends and BINGO i was hooked

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 0:06 Quote
i watched roam. then the collective, NWD, earthed, then seasons. still waiting for NWD 9. it influenced me to take my hardrock off 4-5 foot drops. stupid RST. they deserve to blow! hehehe. then i got a dually last week Smile

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 0:44 Quote
my uncle has a iron horse sunday and i had a go of it and got hooked

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 9:20 Quote
I have always have a big interest in bikes i remember i ride around i hit small jumps with my friends with "mini" moutain bikes, then i watched drop in tv and i got really stoked and said to myself that i need to get a real bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042075
Mobile Version of Website