Powered by Outside

08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
norco went to shit in 09, and kona got a hell of a lot better.

but norco still beats kona.

SHORE! SHORE! SHORE!

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:25 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yes, actually

So you would buy a SuperCycle if it had an E-13 bashguard?
no, thats not what i mean, the stinky is cheaper, pretty much equal parts, but it has a chainguide = better
base model shore over here costs at least 600 bucks more than a stinky

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:26 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
yes, actually

So you would buy a SuperCycle if it had an E-13 bashguard?
no, thats not what i mean, the stinky is cheaper, pretty much equal parts, but it has a chainguide = better
base model shore over here costs at least 600 bucks more than a stinky
Live up to your name bro. SHORE

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:29 Quote
if i were to buy it, i would go a shore since i have a spare chainguide, if i had the money, ive ridden fsr and its awesome, but as a complete i would get a stinky instead of having to stop and put my chain back on every time i go riding

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:29 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
no, thats not what i mean, the stinky is cheaper, pretty much equal parts

I would much rather have Shore rear suspension than Stinky... Shore feels much more plush.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:32 Quote
DUDE my buddy has a shore, and you can literally tap the seat with one finger and you see the shock compress. On shitty bikes you see jolty shocks that jerk around, stick, and have to crack before they begin to compress. It's about the shock and the suspension system, and I have reason to beleive that both are better on the shore. GOf*ckYOURSELF what?

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:37 Quote
merkel wrote:
DUDE my buddy has a shore, and you can literally tap the seat with one finger and you see the shock compress. On shitty bikes you see jolty shocks that jerk around, stick, and have to crack before they begin to compress. It's about the shock and the suspension system, and I have reason to beleive that both are better on the shore.

Indeed. I sat on an A-Line a couple weeks ago, I was in heaven... felt so progressive and bottomless compared to my Slash.

I need a new shock, damn it.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
lolz DHX Coil is the way to go yo, I can tell you from experience that my friend for some reason keeps buying Manitou suspension, and it always sucks. Manitou is like the Kona of suspension. LOL jokes but seriously manitou FAILZ

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
i agree, fox is king

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
merkel wrote:
lolz DHX Coil is the way to go yo, I can tell you from experience that my friend for some reason keeps buying Manitou suspension, and it always sucks.

I've heard some not-bad things about the Swinger 6-Way, but I really want a Roco or a DHX. Maybe even an airshock. I don't huck hardcore, so I think air is a good idea... for me anyway.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:48 Quote
For forks, high end Fox, Rockshox, and Marzo are generally pretty equal quality wise. EG- Best Boxxers, Best 888's, Best 40's are pretty near the same quality.

The difference is that Fox focuses on only high quality suspension and makes absolutely no entry level models. If you want a really cheap fork, you simply can't buy a Fox. If you want a really good fork though, you can buy a fork from any manufacturer - it's just about choice. If you're looking for an entry level fork, you pretty much have to go Marz or Manitou.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
rockshox has alot of entry level forks, argyles are pretty cheap compared to marzocchi dj series

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:57 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
rockshox has alot of entry level forks, argyles are pretty cheap compared to marzocchi dj series

And yet, Argyles outperform them by far.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
i know, so much lighter too

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
i have a kona stinky 08 and i absolutely love it ... have had no problems with it yet .... BY FAR GET THE STINKY

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023902
Mobile Version of Website