Powered by Outside

BMX bikes and POD/VOD's

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BMX bikes and POD/VOD's
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
bmxstunter wrote:
it says ride at your own ride at your own risk it dosnt say you have to wear a helmet so why does this site have to support it...........

Because its the logical thing to do.
Protect your dome, you may need it later in your life, even thought you may not think so.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 0:10 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
he is doing a barspin...i think the "X-FACTOR" was an accident...
it doesnt matter he is still eliminated

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 0:18 Quote
not me but still really nice
photo

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
that gimp bike luks lush

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
Its not mine but I reckon this should get POD:
photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:48 Quote
other than that tho it is pretty good

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
Even though he wouldn't do that much damage in his bedroom lol

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
Anyone know who it is?

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
There is lots of PODS without helmets how did they become POD?

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
Wearing helmets is a smart thing to do, But BMX'ers rarely do.. Almost all of the street riders don't, and they do some crazy ass stuff.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
Apologies in advanced for this stumbling rant! haha

So! Let me first get this straight, you have to wear a helmet to be in a vod or pod...right?

The main reason for this being that it sets a bad example if you feature pictures and videos portreying helmet-less riders. Furthermore; Spoiledgoods says that parents have contacted pinkbike worried about how their kids will see people with no helmets and not think it's cool to wear one! Well, in my opinion thats a fair enough reason I guess!

Okay! So, today’s vod (the one with the helmet cam street riding)....there’s a guy riding his bike down some train / tram tracks. And also - (I might be wrong) - you can't really tell if he or she is wearing a helmet during all of this. Can you?

Therefore meaning that Pinkbike considers it more dangerous to ride without a helmet than down some train tracks!! By that I mean if someone came up to pinkbike as a whole and said 'should I ride down some train tracks or ride without a helmet?'.... Pinkbike would say 'ride the train tracks!'

Interesting eh!?

Now if I was a parent, I think I'd be a lot more concerned that my kids are going to watch videos and want to ride bikes on train tracks!!! As opposed to them riding without a helmet. Because trains = certain death!

You say?

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
^^^ You definately got a good point. ^^^

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 9:20 Quote
y not jus ban all helmetless pics and vids? i had a thread about this once

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040490
Mobile Version of Website