Powered by Outside

2008 - 2009 eastern night train

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2008 - 2009 eastern night train
O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
save some cash and ride it the way it is, cuz its already sick enough

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
does anyone know when the 2009 nightrains are coming out?

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
i already have a 08 nightrain with the 09 argyle purple fork, spank purple rims, purple chain, demolition black sprocket, khe hindenerg 2 piece black cranks, purple demolition pro pedals, thomson stem, canecreek headset, stolen purple grips and some other goodies..

it looks way better then the 09.. they tried to leave the 08 whie style but everyone knows 09 is purple.. too bad i had it all months before interbike.. Smile

oh and btw.. i f-in love this bike.. I have owned the giant stp jeff lenoski frame and built it up, a dk slugger(selling), and ridden a top, dmr sidekick and transition, and a norco a couple times and my nighttrain by far is the favorite. the geometry is great! this new fork does help it a bunch as well.

but ya ive had mine for a bit over a year now and couldnt imagine not owning it.

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
rear axle size on the 2009 night train?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
i'm pretty sure all the mtb completes come with 14mm rear axles.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 13:30 Quote
What is the top tube lenght of the '09? I'm 6'3" but Jenson has the nighttrain for 849 right now and i need a bike soon (for as little money as possible) plus free shipping as far a i could tell. Anyone have some input?

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 13:54 Quote
surlyrider wrote:
What is the top tube lenght of the '09? I'm 6'3" but Jenson has the nighttrain for 849 right now and i need a bike soon (for as little money as possible) plus free shipping as far a i could tell. Anyone have some input?

21.8" TT Its at the bottom http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI284R00-Eastern+Nighttrain+Bike+09.aspx

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
i love my night train i have a 07

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
BSal wrote:
surlyrider wrote:

21.8" TT Its at the bottom http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI284R00-Eastern+Nighttrain+Bike+09.aspx

Oops. Thanks. So thats sort of short right?

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
surlyrider wrote:
BSal wrote:
surlyrider wrote:

Yeah it is short. Its all personal prefferance though. Ive seen 6ft+ guys on bmx and dont complain. Me I have long arms so I like a little longer tt. My ns suburban has a 22.5" tt and is so nice. Just run some 2-3" bars(depending on fork heigth) and it should be cool. If you can ride one first do it.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 17:41 Quote
BSal wrote:
surlyrider wrote:

Yeah it is short. Its all personal prefferance though. Ive seen 6ft+ guys on bmx and dont complain. Me I have long arms so I like a little longer tt. My ns suburban has a 22.5" tt and is so nice. Just run some 2-3" bars(depending on fork heigth) and it should be cool. If you can ride one first do it.

Thanks. If I can come up with another couple hundred dollars i think ill get it

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 at 19:42 Quote
i want to bump this for more info/opinions on this bike. i came off of a blk mrkt riot with a 21.5TT and a rs argyle 318, so i was hoping someone on here has done the same switch. i havent been on a dj bike since july, so i'm pretty much starting fresh again. i liked the geo of the riot, but love the flickability of a bmx and heard this bike is a good combination of bmx and mtb. as far as strength, i have heard of eastern frames and other parts breaking, anyone have any input on that? i can get a good deal on one of these new thru work, or their cheaper complete (forget the name atm) for the same type of deal. either one will get eventual upgrades (brakes, wheelset, bars/stem, crank in no particular order). Also, from the pics and everything ive read, these are left side drive with left side brakes, correct? i appreciate the responses, i havent been able to find more current info in my searches.

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 at 21:21 Quote
eastern-night-train wrote:

Ask him.

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 at 21:25 Quote
BSal wrote:
eastern-night-train wrote:

Ask him.

also this guy

http://tajp.pinkbike.com/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010950
Mobile Version of Website