Powered by Outside

Old schoolers -Again.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Old schoolers -Again.
Mod
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
Halibut is definitely "the fish" for fish and chips. Everything else just doesn't seem to taste the same. England seems to eat a lot of cod.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
seriously . my brother earns 1 grand or more every two weeks and he bitches at me for downloading bear share , Sony Vegas and keeping all my video files on the family computer that i mostly use .

in defence of this argument i use well you have a good paying job why don't you buy your own computer , he counters that argument with why don't i have a job. mind you he's done school, doing a work term for one of the biggest iron ore mines in north America and has a possible offer to work full time.

but yet he decides to live at home , use most of his money on weed and getting drunk . whatever's left he uses to pay off his ski doo.

what my question is to you ladies and gents is what should i use as a counter argument ?

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Halibut is definitely "the fish" for fish and chips. Everything else just doesn't seem to taste the same. England seems to eat a lot of cod.

freshily cought and filleted cod beats all fish.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
apple-tree wrote:
seriously . my brother earns 1 grand or more every two weeks and he bitches at me for downloading bear share , Sony Vegas and keeping all my video files on the family computer that i mostly use .

in defence of this argument i use well you have a good paying job why don't you buy your own computer , he counters that argument with why don't i have a job. mind you he's done school, doing a work term for one of the biggest iron ore mines in north America and has a possible offer to work full time.

but yet he decides to live at home , use most of his money on weed and getting drunk . whatever's left he uses to pay off his ski doo.

what my question is to you ladies and gents is what should i use as a counter argument ?

Dont spend all of your money on weed, and get a house for yourself and your own pc.

I'd be pleased with that one.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

Cod is definately the best fish for fish and chips. I dont know what Halibut is, but it sure aint as good as cod.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
apple-tree wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

I'll have to side with the cod on this one. Halibut is a good(and expensive) fish. It should be grilled. There's nothing like deep fried cod in my Nan's batter with home made chips. mmmmmm

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
apple-tree wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

I'll have to side with the cod on this one. Halibut is a good(and expensive) fish. It should be grilled. There's nothing like deep fried cod in my Nan's batter with home made chips. mmmmmm

Any chance of getting that homemade grub sent over to the UK. I'm getting pretty hungy reading all of this.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
exetertim wrote:
apple-tree wrote:

A)Dont spend all of your money on weed, and B)get a house for yourself and your own pc.

I'd be pleased with that one.

A) i want to use this one so bad but i can see it back fireing on me , cause i smoke it ocassionily.

B) i tryed this one and it just gets him angry and gets me threats , threats arnt nice with the guy whos 6'7 ish and works out everyday

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
apple-tree wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

cought fresh from the shores of newfoundland . godily im telling yeah

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

No cod fish is the best. Albertans can't know what they're talking about.
Take a trip to Newfoundland and drive to L'Anse aux Meadows, there's this restaurant along there that has the absolute ABSOLUTE best fish and chips. Made of fresh newfoundland cod fish.

I've commercial fished them with my uncle+cousin.Big Grin

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
I swear fish hate me. I tried fishing when i was about 10 with my mate. We fished about 10 meters from each other. He caught like 10 fish and I caught one! Not complaining though, it was thanks to that that I took up mountain biking.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
So I just sent my bike too Whistler. Sketching right now, I really hope it gets there all good.

I've never actully took the bus either, scary...

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
Frown Everyone always talks about how they're off to whistler in 5 minutes and all that. I wish I could say that.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
Anyone know how far Whistler creek is from the actual village?

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
chomers wrote:
So I just sent my bike too Whistler. Sketching right now, I really hope it gets there all good.

I've never actully took the bus either, scary...

try and not to fall asleep in the back of the bus with the psyco with a rambo knife.

no seriousily i'd be uber skectched after what happend last month.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018023
Mobile Version of Website