Powered by Outside

Broken Collar Bone Recovery Time

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Broken Collar Bone Recovery Time
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
ok, thanks. i will keep what you said in mind

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
i am 22 year old nd on 21 dec even i was with my GF in car nd suddenly meet into an road acc the car tyres went upwards nd we both stik t roof i didT get known how my right clavicle (collar bone) broken nd doc tie me a bra like brACE nd sling it sucks he tied a bandage too im too much worried when i will be finee how much tim it will take

the fracture is very similr
is there any1 hu tells me da precations
my ortho is an ass
how did sleep
nd abt diet 2 get well soon

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
idiotgabru wrote:
i am 22 year old nd on 21 dec even i was with my GF in car nd suddenly meet into an road acc the car tyres went upwards nd we both stik t roof i didT get known how my right clavicle (collar bone) broken nd doc tie me a bra like brACE nd sling it sucks he tied a bandage too im too much worried when i will be finee how much tim it will take

my ortho is an ass
how did sleep

i slept on my back, or on my stomach with my damaged arm above my head

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
idiotgabru wrote:

my ortho is an ass
how did sleep

dr ask to place chest outwards

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
idiotgabru wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:
idiotgabru wrote:

my ortho is an ass
how did sleep

im not quite sure i understand what your saying, the doctor said i could sleep what ever way was comfortable, and my collar bone was snapped completly in two, those are the only two positions that i could sleep in....

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
haha, how did i not miss this thread! i broke my collar bone in august racing bmx. it was a pretty bad break. it took about 15 weeks to heal(my fault, i wouldnt stay off the bike). It bonded together and was getting strong. so 11/22 was the first day our local ski resort was open. i had to get out there. had the best day, i was feeling confident and getting a little ballsy with my line choices. i jumped over this little hill into i super steep tranny, all ice. i slid around, caught an edge and got thrown onto my back, CRUNCH! It didnt even break in the same place! i was so upset, out again. i healed quick this time and im already fully healed. im back snowboarding and biking already. just in time for my colorado vacation full of snowboarding and snowmobiling, im kinda scarred im gonna do it again. just gotta ride gnarly yet smart(if that makes sense).

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
idiotgabru wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:

im not quite sure i understand what your saying, the doctor said i could sleep what ever way was comfortable, and my collar bone was snapped completly in two, those are the only two positions that i could sleep in....

yea, on the back was the ONLY way i could sleep for about 6-7 weeks. it sucked. everytime you get up it cracks and pops. eventually i could sleep on my stomach, very carefully though.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
the bone always make noise when i woke op or lay down to bed

it sucks

m affraid how long it takes
i don't want any surgry

i just want to heal it as soon as
i love to travel
nd due to this i was enable
gardian don't alow me to go anywhere due to this shit

tell me how do i heal it as soon as otheres in 4 weeks
wt i think is that it will never be like It was
mafraid

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
tell me i drink milk as much i can daily
i too take calciam pills

but nw its 10 days over nd there is no such progress

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
thats exactly how i felt. i started taking calcium pills w/ vitamin d. im still taking them, and i plan on it for a long time. i feel like they work significantly. i take about 1200mg everyday. other than that, time is the only thing. its amazing what can do now, i thought ide never be the same. i just did my first push yesterday too, whoo-hoo!

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
hey man mine is broken now my brake was lot worse then yuors but its going to take me 8 weeks to get back in the game i hope yours is sooner it sucks ass

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
bmxracer62 wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:
idiotgabru wrote:

yea, on the back was the ONLY way i could sleep for about 6-7 weeks. it sucked. everytime you get up it cracks and pops. eventually i could sleep on my stomach, very carefully though.

haha exactly, it took me a while to get into the stomach position, and even then i had to take like five mins to get my arm extended that much to lay on it, i had to be careful not to move it too fast or it would hurt.... with that being said, the most painful part of my recovery was when the bone started to fuse, it would nip the muscle and it would hurt a f*ckload, like i was in so much pain about 6 weeks in, but i think it was only because i had the worst break possible, like it was completely in half

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
hey today m feeling much bettrr then last day i don't know y might be because of the view of u people nd thankz for suggestions

but wt i had seen
the nose of clicking when i move my arm im not going to give load to it, even i don't try to work with it
i just use to read SMS or dailing number frm cell phone

i think i will be fine soon

i got a compund facture
i was too woried cause non of my friend got this kind of facture
but i got
so here i got compnay of such people hu got thi truma

but soon i will be able to play
m all indian interuniversity rowing player but due to this shit i can't ply
its on next week
i can't

ass

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
who ever has a broken bone here just thought id let ya know your bones heal 10% faster when your sleeping so dont be scared to sleep in haha

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
Haha collarbones suck. I broke mine in early September, exactly a week before our downhill race season was scheduled to start. Needless to say I was super pissed. I needed two races to qualify for nationals so I raced after 2 weeks and after 4 weeks of breaking it. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but I was able to race at nationals (about 6 weeks after injury).

I wouldn't suggest doing what I did if you can avoid it. The bone shifted about an inch after the initial break. I did get multiple x-rays to monitor the progress though. Make sure you do lots of exercises to rehab the area as soon as the doc says you can. Give it 6 weeks you will be good to go.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025320
Mobile Version of Website