Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
i have the same problem bushing play and a creaking noise i was told the creaking sound is the steer tube and that it could snap off just sent them in today so will see what happens

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
norcorampage07 wrote:
i have the same problem bushing play and a creaking noise i was told the creaking sound is the steer tube and that it could snap off just sent them in today so will see what happens

if the steer tube could snap off the forks would have never made it to market... marzocchi made 100% shure that the steer tube would not snap

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
has anyone noticed a little oil under the air preload cap when you remove the preload cap (where the preload cap sits on the rebound knob?? mine has started doing this

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 20:54 Quote
schiz wrote:
norcorampage07 wrote:

if the steer tube could snap off the forks would have never made it to market... marzocchi made 100% shure that the steer tube would not snap

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2710956/

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
i took mine off and put on boxxers instead and it was like night and day.

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
norcorampage07 wrote:
the other weekend there was a guy with a totem and when he jumped on it it sounded like the bike was going to split at the headtube he was saying that it wasnt a problem it just sounded real bad or something so you shouldent be worried, if my bike made the sound that bike did id run away from it

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
sfrider wrote:
norcorampage07 wrote:
the other weekend there was a guy with a totem and when he jumped on it it sounded like the bike was going to split at the headtube he was saying that it wasnt a problem it just sounded real bad or something so you shouldent be worried, if my bike made the sound that bike did id run away from it

i dont know if that makes you feel better but just sayin

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
iforgot wrote:
schiz wrote:
norcorampage07 wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2710956/

photo

ok... i stand corrected.... lol that sucks because thats the fork i have...

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
Don't worry it can happen to any sc fork, even the older 66'sCry

I was going to get a 66, but I'm 200lbs, so I'll probably stick with my 888.

photo

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
iforgot wrote:
Don't worry it can happen to any sc fork, even the older 66'sCry

I was going to get a 66, but I'm 200lbs, so I'll probably stick with my 888.

photo

im 200 LBS (225LBS with all of my gear) and i love my 66 Confused

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
i brought my fork in last week for a steer tube problem and bushing wear problem and just heard that the fork is warrantied thanks to my bike shop cause they printed a receit of a newer bike since my bike was over a year old and the warranty is only for 1 year so goods news for me cant wait to get my bike back

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
so instead of me reading everything posted in the 8 pages too find out if this had been posted im gonna just ask seeing as u seem to know what ur talking about. my 2008 66 rc3 pretty much feels like crap. i weigh 185 pounds, the fork has no air in it (marzocchi told my buddy who weighed 145 pounds to have no air) i cant get it to feel like a fork, when i go down it doesnt respond at all, meaning no travel seems to be used. now ive ride a totem and a 40 and many other dh/fr forks and they feel 100 times better than this

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 22:53 Quote
ya thats just a 66 for ya cant wait to get my new demo with totems they feel so much better

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
GPA - can't u get a softer spring. Also, u could put in a lower weight oil, no air, and keep the preload at the minimum. U should be able to get them dialed eventually. Mine were crap at first but now they are butter. I keep preload at minimum and just add more oil, and have a tiny bit of air. I am 185lb but I'm sure u can get them sorted.

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
horrorbike wrote:
GPA - can't u get a softer spring. Also, u could put in a lower weight oil, no air, and keep the preload at the minimum. U should be able to get them dialed eventually. Mine were crap at first but now they are butter. I keep preload at minimum and just add more oil, and have a tiny bit of air. I am 185lb but I'm sure u can get them sorted.
to be honest i think it has a soft spring in it lol. but yeah ill try it thanks for the advice, now all i got to do is find my rebound knob haha, took it off to put air in and now cant find it haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039700
Mobile Version of Website