Powered by Outside

Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
okay your a beginer so im gonna try n finish this right now... you dont know what you like get a freeride bike, there versitile, n unless your pics r miss leading your not gonna be throwin down threes n tail whips so a slopestyle bike is out of the question. DH bikes are designd for only one thing...going fast. Freeride bikes handle everything, n since you dont know what you like yet thats the best bet, get one witha wider wheel base though for better cornering n stability, so you can still try some DH. GET A SOLID FREERIDE BIKE. there case closed

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
thats wat im looking for, it finally dawned on me. WOW. so how about the vp free, how much would they be used?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
the buy/sell has them starting at 1500 and it goes up from there. If you end up getting a vp free i heard that they ride better with a shorter spring so keep that in mind.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
8 would be considered long huh, cuz i would like to have that much doing drops

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
well since you dont want my advice or that of dave or any of the other members of this site im not gonna bother. go buy a stinky so it can sit in your garage

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
8 is pretty much standard for drops and dh... but when you pedal you dont feel that 8 inches of travel. there is barely any energy lost from your pedal stroke.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
well since you dont want my advice or that of dave or any of the other members of this site im not gonna bother. go buy a stinky so it can sit in your garage
dude you should read your little profile pic.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
im trying to learn about all the different types of bikes out there, i just dislike the sx for some reason, i dunno. th vp looks good but how sturdy is it?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:

maybe you should read all the posts ive written with good advice for the kid

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
Theyve been used in the redbull rampage, so i can imagine them being very sturdy. My buddy has beat his to hell for 4 years but it still runs well... It is a very sturdy bike and santa cruz is an awesome company.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:

I have and i think you had the best advice imo... the kid just needs some help from people with experience, like you and i and pretty much all the other posters. Sorry for being a dick dude... it just happens sometimes.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:

I have and i think you had the best advice imo... the kid just needs some help from people with experience, like you and i and pretty much all the other posters. Sorry for being a dick dude... it just happens sometimes.

np, sry for gettin a little short with ppl

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
thx to everybody hers what i came up with- used DHR, used VP free, rental sunday, rental judge, and of course the stinky!
gotta go to bed c ya guys tommorow

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:

np, sry for gettin a little short with ppl

i just looked at your profile and im trying to sell that same paint ball gun...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014101
Mobile Version of Website