13 years old - How do you fund your bikes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
13 years old - How do you fund your bikes?
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
I know it sounds weird but were I live some kids even start smoking at 9. and I sell the chocolat bars at school.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
rdog123 wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
rdog123 wrote:
one word sponsored man. You get sponsored you can get bikes. You have to start out somewhere I mean my mom bought me a bike when I was 12, but now I am 14 and riding for cannondale. So work on getting a bike and getting free crap

free crap? well i was aimin for free bike parts, but watever floats your boatWink
haha you know what i mean bud. Just find a ride and if you really just stick to it, and believe in yourself...someday you will probley get sponsored. Companys love young riders..... Also i see you ride in Whistler...dude you should be rippin it up

yea, im lookin for a grassroot sponsorship from transition this winter and hopefully go from there.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
herm, here i go
First off i dont take presents for my Bday and xmas and stuff, my parents offered up a computer, i said nope, give me cash so i can buy a bike. That got me 1grand.
Now for the work, I got 2 jobs over the summer, a temp/on call at a bike shop (a tip for that MAKE SURE TO RECORD YOUR HOURS PROPERLY, there was this bitch at the shop who told me 2 do it, and it was wrong and i didnt get $150 and when i told her she was like "i know" so always make sure the store owner/manager records your hours for u). I also got a bike coaching job.
Also odd jobs, babysitting, selling my stuff, etc.....

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:15 Quote
loler951 wrote:
I'm 12. well my birthday is Sunday so I'm gonna get cash. And more cash at Christmas.

But one super good way but at the same time really bad is to sell drugs. Did it for a while but it got to dangerous so I stop and started something different. I go at the dollar store or other cheap stores and buy stuff such as candy bars for 65 cents each and sell them like 4.00$ each. And I do this with allot of other stuff as well.

Also if you go at your grandparents house and ask them for change= nickels,pennis,dimes,carters,loonies and toonies you can get alot of money. Do this with your parents, uncles, and aunts and you can get alot of money. Then bring it to the bank and change it for some cash. I did this only to my parents and got about 100$.

I have a few more Ideas but are not really good ones. (by good I mean legal)

youre a stupid little chode, arent you?

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
i have asked everywhere here and they all say you have to be 15 to work.
in canada you can work at 14 but you need a letter from your parents

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
me2menow wrote:
loler951 wrote:
I'm 12. well my birthday is Sunday so I'm gonna get cash. And more cash at Christmas.

But one super good way but at the same time really bad is to sell drugs. Did it for a while but it got to dangerous so I stop and started something different. I go at the dollar store or other cheap stores and buy stuff such as candy bars for 65 cents each and sell them like 4.00$ each. And I do this with allot of other stuff as well.

Also if you go at your grandparents house and ask them for change= nickels,pennis,dimes,carters,loonies and toonies you can get alot of money. Do this with your parents, uncles, and aunts and you can get alot of money. Then bring it to the bank and change it for some cash. I did this only to my parents and got about 100$.

I'm stupid for living in a town where more than half of the kids smoke? And I'm stupid for selling what people wanted to buy? sorry but I have trouble understanding that.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
Correction, you DO NOT, however, you do need a social insurance number, which you need permission from your parents to get....
Thats how it worked for me anyways....
And the reason its hard for young kids 2 get jobs is because employers have the option between us or someone older and its pretty safe to assume the older person is going to be all around better. The only reason i got my jobs is because i was in the right place at the right time, and the owners off the company liked me and thought i was smart and shite like that and they happend to need someone.
The biggest thing why they dont have young kids doing lots of jobs, especially coaching, is because off parents. I had a kid in a bike camp with me who was 14 (smaller than me tho) and nobody other than my co-coach and supervisor knew i was 12 (over the summer before i turned 13) so at the end of the week when the kid found out, he ran to his mom and cried and his mom got pissed at me, the supervisor had to step in and kick her out because she was about to go violent.....

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Correction, you DO NOT, however, you do need a social insurance number, which you need permission from your parents to get....
Thats how it worked for me anyways....
*snip*
i needed both, maybe it's different for different provinces or some thing
*edit* your in the same province as me

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
herm interesting, probably workplace....
I didnt apply for my jobs though, they offered it to me so that may be a factor....

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
I heard the devil pays good money for souls these days.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
loler951 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
loler951 wrote:

I'm stupid for living in a town where more than half of the kids smoke? And I'm stupid for selling what people wanted to buy? sorry but I have trouble understanding that.
yea, and its because youre stupid you cant understand it

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
Yup, me2menow is right.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
me2menow wrote:
loler951 wrote:
me2menow wrote:

yea, and its because youre stupid you cant understand it

hahaha OWNED

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
iamsocool15 wrote:
i make 90 dollars a month!:P
what do u do for a job??

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
Thats paper route money man, I made $400 in 2 weeks working at a bike shop.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029008
Mobile Version of Website