Powered by Outside

Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 1:27 Quote
Well, I'm back in Brig with my bike! Already hit up the Nesseltal trail and had a terrific little spill (i.e., head-first dive off a drop into a rock garden) off Riederalp. Lovin' it so far Smile Can't wait to hit up Bellwald, CM, and PdS though!

Who here goes riding around Brig on a regular basis?

P.S. Holzfeller is a shitty trail—I don't care what anyone says…

Posted: Jun 26, 2011 at 13:26 Quote
hey everyone, im going to switzerland (Lausanne) for a couple weeks and, aside from Morzine, wondered if anyone knew of any awesome trails and places to rend a nice bike around there.

Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 10:34 Quote
What would you guys say is a better day out, out of Morgins or Les Crosets?

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 at 4:49 Quote
bernk wrote:
Well, I'm back in Brig with my bike! Already hit up the Nesseltal trail and had a terrific little spill (i.e., head-first dive off a drop into a rock garden) off Riederalp. Lovin' it so far Smile Can't wait to hit up Bellwald, CM, and PdS though!

Who here goes riding around Brig on a regular basis?

P.S. Holzfeller is a shitty trail—I don't care what anyone says…

Too many of those damn water drain ruts. I know. The trail to bitsch is bitchen. (I think thats the nesseltal)
I ride around Brig about every other weekend. Are you going to P.D.S next week? Camping with a few guys from Brig? I think we may be in the same circle. If so see you next week Big Grin

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 at 5:05 Quote
lowekey wrote:
Will be moving to zurich for a few months comin from vancouver BC.

Checked out that traildevils.ch site, not too shabby.
Any solid bike shops in and around zurich area ? Also... do you gotta register your DH bike like you do normal ones ?
Can you just wash it down wherever too or do you need to goto special areas like where you bring your cars ?

Bring as much as you can from B.C. Everything here is 3x more expensive, and I mean EVERYTHING, even the toilet paper. Yes you need to buy a sticker like any other bike. I wash my bike outside my apartment with no problems. But if its on a sidewalk then it might be a problem. If you need your bike to be worked on then the guys at Backyard do a really good job and super friendly as well. But I do that myself....costs too damn much money to have someone else do it.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2011 at 5:29 Quote
Boardlife69 wrote:
Too many of those damn water drain ruts. I know. The trail to bitsch is bitchen. (I think thats the nesseltal)
I ride around Brig about every other weekend. Are you going to P.D.S next week? Camping with a few guys from Brig? I think we may be in the same circle. If so see you next week Big Grin

So—you must be The American! …well, I'm The Canadian Smile Unreal how small even the internet can be. See ya next week!

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2011 at 11:23 Quote
What brake pad material do you guys recommend for riding in the Alps? …I've noticed that I'm on the brakes a lot more here than in BC…I guess mostly due to the fact that a lot of the trails I've been riding aren't made for biking, but rather hiking so some unexpected things can sneak up on you—like a flock of sheep…then again we have bears that do the same.

My brakes suck and the pads are worn. I really need to do something about that before PdS.

Posted: Jul 9, 2011 at 11:51 Quote
bernk wrote:
Boardlife69 wrote:

So—you must be The American! …well, I'm The Canadian Smile Unreal how small even the internet can be. See ya next week!

Its a small world after all. I would go with sinitered or some metallic compound as they last longer than organic. And as you already know some descents here in CH are LOOONG. Organic is best for cooking, and that's what they do on some trails (wait till we go to Jeizenen in fall) The tip to give metallic pads more bite is to take emery cloth or a very fine sand paper and go over your rotors every time you change the pads as they can get glazed over. Plus they deal with the heat much better.

So who is bringing the grill? I also dont know if we are allowed to have a campfire since technically we are camping in a parking lot. (Pre la jeux)

Does anyone know if we can have a campfire?

Oh well, as long as we have plenty of beer, whiskey and some fluffy green stuff I'm sure we'll survive. Beer

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2011 at 3:01 Quote
Boardlife69 wrote:
bernk wrote:
Boardlife69 wrote:

Its a small world after all. I would go with sinitered or some metallic compound as they last longer than organic. And as you already know some descents here in CH are LOOONG. Organic is best for cooking, and that's what they do on some trails (wait till we go to Jeizenen in fall) The tip to give metallic pads more bite is to take emery cloth or a very fine sand paper and go over your rotors every time you change the pads as they can get glazed over. Plus they deal with the heat much better.

So who is bringing the grill? I also dont know if we are allowed to have a campfire since technically we are camping in a parking lot. (Pre la jeux)

Does anyone know if we can have a campfire?

Oh well, as long as we have plenty of beer, whiskey and some fluffy green stuff I'm sure we'll survive. Beer

I think we're going to get along …as long as that fluffy green doesn't have any of that nasty brown mixed in. I hate that about Europe.

I ordered some semi-metalic Alligator pads on eBay …as well as new rotors for my Saints because they have been sucking really bad. Unfortunately I won't have either for this trip Frown …guess I'll have to pick up a pair of pads at the LROBS (Local Ridiculously Overpriced Bike Shop).

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2011 at 3:04 Quote
dingus wrote:
What would you guys say is a better day out, out of Morgins or Les Crosets?

Only been snowboarding to those places so far, but I'll let you know next week Wink

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 19:23 Quote
hello!

on wednesday i will be coming to Hergiswil (just outside of lucerne) with my friend for 3 weeks and we have our bikes.

is there any sweet, fast, trails around there? if there are some trails that are not so technical that would be great because we only have slope style bikes.

thank you very much!

cheers

Joel and colin

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 23:54 Quote
hi guys

there's a short one called 'steinibach' (stone creek https://www.pinkbike.com/video/129606/) that's not too technical. the rest of the mountain (pilatus) consists mostly of steep and technical stuff. another one you might like is called rennggpass (aka lopper-loop). it's quite rocky, but we manage it with our hardtails. so it should work for you too..

if you want to be shuttled or shown some easy trails nearby: ask the guys from PIE freeride (www.pie-freeride.ch) or Urs from http://freeridetours.ch/ and say hi from flowzone ;-)

cheers!

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 3:46 Quote
thank you very much!!! we grew up riding the northvancouver shore mountains so we are used to steep stuff!

thanks again

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 3:48 Quote
i also know the guys from freeride pie

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 6:45 Quote
well, you should be set then ;-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041656
Mobile Version of Website