The Best British Bikes Of All Time

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
The Best British Bikes Of All Time
Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 13:57 Quote
marquis wrote:
Raleigh could,but they know the market is driven by branding.

Not a bad bit of re engineering of what was once a dull to ride bike. Makes it unique and puts my own stamp on it all, am intendin to do some xc and enduro this year once the project is finished off. Certainly turns heads around Nottingham lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:00 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Raleigh could,but they know the market is driven by branding.

Not a bad bit of re engineering of what was once a dull to ride bike. Makes it unique and puts my own stamp on it all, am intendin to do some xc and enduro this year once the project is finished off. Certainly turns heads around Nottingham lol

Your own personal stamp is what makes it yours.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:04 Quote
Exactly, and more to the point, ya aint gonna see another one like mine anywhere else on the racing circuit. It's been an interesting build, I did it really to prove Ral are not dead and buried, but that they are just misunderstood and under the shitty OE kit, you can find a gem of a bike if you are prepared to put the effort into it.

the bike featured in MBR's Summer special last year, and that was a revelation and a half to get it in there cause all they seem to talk about is the upper end of the market where we aint got that sorta money in the credit crunch as it is, so some of us make do and build things like I have.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
marquis wrote:
Very true.

Plus we all have our own little 'personal touches' we do to a bike....er...I just done it to the extreme lol And yep...those ARE Fox forks on the bike

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Very true.

Plus we all have our own little 'personal touches' we do to a bike....er...I just done it to the extreme lol And yep...those ARE Fox forks on the bike

And hope m4,thought you said we were in a recession.lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:18 Quote
Well, got a set of Avid Juicy7's comin soon, with 185mm rotors, front and rear. I get most of me kit off Pinkbike, so this is a recession busting place!

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:20 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
Well, got a set of Avid Juicy7's comin soon, with 185mm rotors, front and rear. I get most of me kit off Pinkbike, so this is a recession busting place!

Keep the hope.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:22 Quote
I've got a M4 on the front and a Juicy on the rear atm, am goin for a matched set of brakes, the set on mine atm will be goin on my girlfriends siverfox once I finish my build, then once some cash is free, a nice new set of M4's will be ordered

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
I've got a M4 on the front and a Juicy on the rear atm, am goin for a matched set of brakes, the set on mine atm will be goin on my girlfriends siverfox once I finish my build, then once some cash is free, a nice new set of M4's will be ordered

Your pics showed hope front and rear.?

photo

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:31 Quote
marquis wrote:
Stormus55 wrote:

Your pics showed hope front and rear.?

photo

That's an old pic from last year, the rear M4's lever got damaged and I sold the rear brake off, picking up a Juicy 7 for 55 notes off here with a 160 rotor just to keep me ticking over until such time as I could get a matched set of brakes

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
A lot has changed since that pic, namely stickers stipped off a lot, chain device, Truvativ cranks and external bb, single chainring, new chain, pair of white Halo wheels, better tyres, new shifter and other little things.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
Bikes always change.

Posted: Feb 22, 2011 at 1:27 Quote
Latest pic. Matched pair of Juicy 7's and RaceFace Diabolus chainring due today ^^ And yep, I got a Float R on the rear at long damn last!!!

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025845
Mobile Version of Website