Powered by Outside

The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
nicholas13richard wrote:
i was wondering
i have a 5inch trail bike..i was wondering if it would be ok to take down at blue? Or would i be best to go with a rental. I havent been down blue before.

5 inches is enough. A hardtail is enough at blue.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
I don't think it is fair to limit all rental rides to beginner trails. Sure, ALOT of the renters are new to the sport, but what about experienced riders who are travelling without their own bike and want to see what Blue Mountain has to offer. Some of you are saying that we should limit them to beginner courses?!?! Come on now, lets be realistic here. i think that their mini-testing program will work just fine.

FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
verrry true.
i think that if i came from sayy.. b.c and i was a very experienced rider and i came to ride blue and i was only put on beggininer trails and nothing else... id be pretty pissed.
i think the system should work out.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
i was wondering here... how the guys at Whistler work? i mean, do they have any kind of "rider-test" for those gnarly trails?
(i've never been tere, that's why am asking)

Cause Blue is way smaller than Whistler or even Mt. Saint-Anne

just asking..

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
free629ride wrote:
commencalrider69 wrote:
they couldnt just get rid of rentals all together...
thats how they make half theyre money.
good idea, i agree, but wouldnt work.

thats also causing half all there problems, It would be nice. I hate riding down the trails and some newb on a rental WONT MOVE!!! they defianlty need to seperate them onto the other side of the mountain.

well im sure they won't get rid of rentals but puttin newbies to another spot and let experienced riders on the more popular trails cuz the first time i went there i was slowed down behind people and if not then i would blow by them end scaring the crap outta then i think it would be a good idea

FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
i suposse the argument could go either way though....
hey anyone here need a new fork? lol im selling a 05 drop off for cheap,
and also lookin for a dh frame? know any ppl who sellin?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
allenrotstein wrote:
i was wondering here... how the guys at Whistler work? i mean, do they have any kind of "rider-test" for those gnarly trails?
(i've never been tere, that's why am asking)

Cause Blue is way smaller than Whistler or even Mt. Saint-Anne

just asking..

whistler has gate keepers(little hucks) into trails like dirtmerchant and aline. ya gotta hit em. but otherwise not much to keep any douchebag to jump on something like clownshoes-which can be pretty tech. i moved from ont 4 years ago and live in alberta and ride in bc all summer now. blue-when i left- was fun, and tho smaller then most of the resorts out here, i still rememebr having great times on runs like autobahn, and uh, shotglass?, highway i think? ya it was a fun hill. probably still is. i remember how horrible the line up was at blue. i dont miss it at all. they used to have a truck run the bikes up the hill i remember, but my last year there was bikes on the lift. whistler more then any other bc resort has tons of newbies riding the hill. the glc restaurant patio-at the bottom of whistlers runs- look slike a trauma center by the end of any day, everybodys in bandages. hahahah. the rest of bc resorts mainly cater to real riders. lots of bc locals prefer silverstar to whistler. another super rad hill for real. i hope blue gets sorted out for yall next summer. but you can always move out west. yes, you can.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
im heading up to blue this summer to visit my nan and do some DJ, how is blue for DJ?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
commencalrider69 wrote:
i suposse the argument could go either way though....
hey anyone here need a new fork? lol im selling a 05 drop off for cheap,
and also lookin for a dh frame? know any ppl who sellin?

i got a Giant DH for sale.... medium size, blue.
check my buy&sell itens

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
im heading up to blue this summer to visit my nan and do some DJ, how is blue for DJ?

They use to have some alright jumps, heard the first kid that really hurt himself last year over shot one of them so they were the first to be "closed". Don't know if they'll be back like the rest of the man made stuff. Just have to wait and see

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
so is a 5inch trail bike good to ride. If you rent you can only go on begginer trails. Thats shit

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
nicholas13richard wrote:
so is a 5inch trail bike good to ride. If you rent you can only go on begginer trails. Thats shit
a five inch bike would be great. if you rent you can go on any trail, the bit about beginner trails was just an idea.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
i didn't mean about renters having to stay on the easy trails.
say they have a test thats harder than the one they use now and if you can get down the hill but not really hit features you would have to stay on the beginner runs. but say you made it down the hill and hit all the features with confidence then you would be allowed into the harder section.

sorry to cause confusion about renters having to stay in beginner runs. i meant beginners would have to stay in the beginner runs.

even though thats not what they are doing now, it might be a suggestion for future problems.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
stinkyde wrote:
i didn't mean about renters having to stay on the easy trails.
say they have a test thats harder than the one they use now and if you can get down the hill but not really hit features you would have to stay on the beginner runs. but say you made it down the hill and hit all the features with confidence then you would be allowed into the harder section.

sorry to cause confusion about renters having to stay in beginner runs. i meant beginners would have to stay in the beginner runs.

even though thats not what they are doing now, it might be a suggestion for future problems.

I'm glad Blue is easy as hell to ride.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
nicholas13richard wrote:

it would work, and dramatically cut down on injuries. they could also have a test trail, that if you go down looking confident and an employee would judge you, giving you a strip or something that lets you go on different hills.

the reason why their is so many injuries is simply because of rentals. most of the time its a few 12 year olds that are used to XC biking. they all go in a group of lets say 6 and ride. but they will always try to out do their friends, and the most experience one will probably say "oh you wussys you can't do the hard trail" and preasure his less experienced friend down it. they also don't know when to stop. most will just take it too far and try that 25 foot gap, that they see all the experienced riders hitting, they won't get enough speed, land flat, bottom out and get launched off their bike or go over the bars, they don't know how to land right, stick their arms out, break their wrists, arms, or collar bones. the parents try to sue, blue mountains insurance company gets angry, and their forced to take away features.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034149
Mobile Version of Website