Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

IIHF World Junior Championship

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
IIHF World Junior Championship
O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
Well kinda. There is lots of programs in BC, and Vancouver Island, but in Campbell RIver not so much just the one. Most of my friends that I know, have gone to play on teams down island now like Naniamo and Victoria.

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
nyterider wrote:
Well kinda. There is lots of programs in BC, and Vancouver Island, but in Campbell RIver not so much just the one. Most of my friends that I know, have gone to play on teams down island now like Naniamo and Victoria.
ya, there isnt much down here. just local hockey teams really. theres the standard teams, then some higher teams. o, and theres the high school team. if your really good, you get on a magor midget team (which my friend is on). then the best players on those teams are the ones who try out for provincial teams. and theres very few programs in the area, atleast any reputable ones. but i guess when your playing at higher levels, you dont mind traveling a bit to find a good camp

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
k well here in ontario there isnt a program to try out for the provincial under 17 team everyone thats 16 and playing rep hockey gets an invite then its 500 bucks to try out

every once and a while hockey canada puts on a skills camp here but ya not often
then we have the normal high school and AAA teams

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 17:38 Quote
Anyone gonna come watch the juniors next year here haha?

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
definitly!...if you buy me tickets

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
Actually yes.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
if i find a place to stay for cheap i will

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
erik74 wrote:
shreder123 wrote:
definitly!...if you buy me tickets

You little Saskatchewan f*ckers haha jk.. You stole the 2009 Juniors from us Manitobans.. But atleast here in Brandon we got the Memorial Cup in 2010 so i am sure excited for that.. Anyways my mom was gunna get tickets, but she would have to get this package thing in order to go to the finals cuz apparently you cant buy tickets for certain games, she said around 2,000$ for 2 people. So i dont think im going now Frown

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
ya i don't think I will go to any games even, well they screwed Regina over and put all team Canadas games in Saskatoon for we only get to watch all the other countries.... rather watch it on tv then pay all that money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028933
Mobile Version of Website