Powered by Outside

Would i snap the headtube?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Would i snap the headtube?
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
Ask yourself why; is it really worth taking the risk to do it.

Yes, it may last you a while, but when it does blow, which it should, it's not going to be pretty.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
for all the people telling me to just get a norco shore hardtail frame because they are cheap and strong i would except i am also looking for a frame that has horizontal dropouts so that i can single speed it without having to use a chain tensioner.

freeriderjeff wrote:
bottom line.. you never put a tripple crown on a hard tail.

f.y.i. there is no shuch thing as a triple crown fork.....yet anyways

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
for all the people telling me to just get a norco shore hardtail frame because they are cheap and strong i would except i am also looking for a frame that has horizontal dropouts so that i can single speed it without having to use a chain tensioner.

freeriderjeff wrote:
bottom line.. you never put a tripple crown on a hard tail.

f.y.i. there is no shuch thing as a triple crown fork.....yet anyways

ooh, sore subject. dont start that one up. this forum will turn into a flame fest. I agree with u, and u are right. But, bad idea haha.

But i digress. To keep things on track.... Uhhhhh, dont put it on the bike or you will crack your headtube Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
the question is what is a HUGE huck for you? i guarantee you, that it's not worth 8" of travel if you're willing to do it on a hardtail... don't waste your time...

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
the question is what is a HUGE huck for you? i guarantee you, that it's not worth 8" of travel if you're willing to do it on a hardtail... don't waste your time...
watch his videos and youll get an idea on his hucking....

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
derekt wrote:
lilwalters wrote:

still cant believe that mister magical is aspiring to be like the guy in the video.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
can some one show me a pic of a hard tail with a duel crown and a snaped head tube please

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
all i see is lame scooter-ing and i'm not about to search through that tripe...

FACT: if you're willing to drop that far on a hardtail, you don't need 8"... i did see videos of other people "hucking" and they also do not need 8"... have fun ripping your headtube off dropping to flat...

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
I say no.. I ran a boxxer on my Kona chute frame for two years till I had enough for a full sus

I did big drops, huge sets of stairs, and lots of DH and nothing ever happened

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
spag wrote:
derekt wrote:
lilwalters wrote:

still cant believe that mister magical is aspiring to be like the guy in the video.

why?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
bikerboyac wrote:
I say no.. I ran a boxxer on my Kona chute frame for two years till I had enough for a full sus

then why did you say no?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
put the fork on your scooter, that'll make as much sense Facepalm

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
bikerboyac wrote:

then why did you say no?

I said no that I don't think it will snap

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
bikerboyac wrote:
bikerboyac wrote:

then why did you say no?

I said no that I don't think it will snap

oah sorry lol i thought that you meant no as in that i shouldnt put the fork on the frame. Redface

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017167
Mobile Version of Website